Swim Bike Run

Dying battery on Garmin cadence/speed sensor...? (Read 211 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm hoping this is what I'm dealing with.  Since it just got COLD and a little snowy here and the kid was home for teacher inservice I had no choice but to drag the bike and trainer into the house.  Got set up, in the saddle, Garmin on, started pedaling, hit start...flaky cadence, no distance or speed #s.

Reset the cadence/speed sensor and it flashed red/green, like it should.  But still is not paired with the Garmin (I think I got it to briefly pair, but then the little cadence sensor symbol in the accessories settings had the flashing x over it, again).  Tried re-pairing.  No dice.  Hrmmmm...  Sounds like this button battery is good for about a year.  Bike will be a year in exactly 1 week.

Any other thoughts?

MTA: we had a fresh battery, so I tried that...no change.  When I'm attempting to pair the devices I get the red flash every time the pedal/cadence magnet crosses the sensor, but no green light from the wheel.  The entire shebang appears to need to be re-paired every time I'm turning the Garmin off, too.  Huh?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Figured it out...somehow the spoke magnet got bumped out of place by about a mm. Roll eyes  Probably happened sometime this Summer, but went unnoticed as the GPS was measuring speed and distance outdoors.

~ Sarah Kay

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Check the spoke magnet.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*snort*

~ Sarah Kay