Swim Bike Run

running vs triathlon PRs (Read 510 times)

I'm just curious how others' running PRs, at any distance, compare to their runs done during a triathlon. I've only done one olympic (which was a hilly run), and my run was two minutes slower than my 10k PR. It seems that may have been a better run for me.
    seeEricaRun

Awesome

I have mixed feelings about it, since many of the courses don't actually seem to be measured, and in one memorable case, was actually 0.5 mi shorter than advertised. Not that I've ever PR'd on a tri course anyway, but if I did, I might exclude it from my PRs.

The voice of mile 18

wow nice job I'm never even close to a PR on the run

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Gotta TRI

No PR's here either Cry Well no...wait...I have PR'd on the swim leg however by the time I get off the bike, no matter the diistance, I usually have not had enough in the tank to PR on the run. Maybe this year.
          2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
          T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

My marathon PR (2:52) is about 27 minutes faster than my Ironman run split PR (3:19). My half marathon PR (1:19) is about 11 minutes faster than my Half Iron run split PR (1:30). In general, Ironman run splits are 20-30 minutes slower than open marathon times in strong runners. My running season is coming to an end and I want to see if I can transfer some of my early season run focus to better my hald iron run splits. Going to try to get it down to a 1:26 of so, which would be about 7 minutes slower than my open half marathon PR. MTA - Being 2 minutes off you 10k run Pr in an Olympic Tri seems damn good to me...

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

I PR'd a 10km on an Olympic tri, but realised that it was because the bike acted as a warm up. As soon as I began to warm up properly before a 10km race my times got better.
              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

(I'm not very tri-experienced and I've only done sprints.)

I haven't broken 20min on the 5K leg of a sprint, and don't really expect to, so I'm 1-2min slower than on an open 5K.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

db7

I'll be trying for a HM PR on Sunday.  I think it will depend on how hot it gets before I get off the bike.  Its forecasted to be 94-95 in Lubbock on Sunday..

DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

I'll be trying for a HM PR on Sunday.  I think it will depend on how hot it gets before I get off the bike.  Its forecasted to be 94-95 in Lubbock on Sunday..

DB

wow, good luck! PR in that heat without the bike would be tough.

db7

Yes it will.  I have been training hard and am at a different place with my running than I was the last time I ran a HM.  If I am not able to do it, (the PR) I wont be bothered by it.  Just a goal I set for myself.

DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

db7

No PR for me.  Tough run. 2:20 was all I could muster.

DB

I'm afraid that as I began to race Tri's more seriously a couple of years ago I lost 30 lbs(dropping out of the Clydesdales), so both my 10k and 1/2m PRs are at the end of Tri's!  I may just need to run more races.  Smile