Swim Bike Run

Delaware Diamondman Tri or Bassman Tri (Read 350 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

1.2mi swim, 56mi bike, 13.1mi run... September 12 or October 3... maybe both???

someone PLEASE tell me I'm getting ahead of myself...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

someone PLEASE tell me I'm getting ahead of myself...

'Cause you've never done that before. Wink  If anyone can do it, it's you.  If I had any interest at all in swimming the half IM kinda intrigues me.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

ssssssshhhhh woman... i know NOTHING of what you are talking about!!! LOL

i'm starting to feel the drive to train again... after today's 5k it hit me very very hard...and you know i like big things to train for!

MTA: but honestly Z look at my log... since I re-started logging that's accurate... I mean that's not nearly enough! LOL no wonder why i'm "out of shape"... yes I get that i'm in better shape than some, but compared to where I was... it's not pretty.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What if you shot for a HIM maybe 6-12 months out?  I suppose Winter is an issue for something more than 4 months out.  Unless you could find one in a warmer climate and still do your swim training in a pool?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

that seems like a really long way away LOL. i'm thinking i can always sign up and then downgrade to the sprint right??? hahaha

you know me... i plan stupid stuff... we'll see... i'll give myself to the end of July to see how I progress. If I progress well then I'll do it! it'll be my last hurrah before heading into winter training... and yes i'll have a trainer and access to an indoor pool...

man.... i love a hilly bike ride in the hot sun!

The voice of mile 18

did diamondman way back in 03 or 04. good race (not GREAT but good)  pond swim usually wetsuit legal, rolling/flat ride in the delaware countryside one big hill is an 1 mile climb ona bridge over the river you hit it twice, the run was flat and hot the year i did it - it may be different now. don't recall the party afterwards but did get a nice pint glass out of the deal.

havent done bassman but heard it's a good race. also flat but heard the water can be COLD and windy.

FWIW if you like hills take a look at the quakerman half in bucks county same day as diamondman i think. lake swim, hilly bike and run. it is put on by genesis adventures I think

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Oh Mighty Wing

hmm Joe you are giving me LOTS to think about!!
                T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

It's tough to say if you're getting ahead of yourself because it sounds like you have some experience that pre-dates your present log.  In any event, you've got plenty of time, but to finish without killing yourself you better start getting your bike rides incrementally longer.  Should get them up to the 4 hour range, followed by a run.  Start with a 2 hour ride, then start adding a half hour every week,  That should get you through August.  Good luck and have fun.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Oh Mighty Wing

hmm.... so when thinking about my goals I've moved some things around.

I'm thinking

Aug 1 - sprint

Fall - olympic

Spring - Half IM

I don't want to just finish. I want to compete. In order to do that I need more time - given what my log looks like.

T-bone - i'm just building after months of struggles and life. But last year I ran 21 marathons. And it started on a whim very similar to this. That's why Zoomy is saying if I decided to do it I probably could.

so, this seems more realistic to me.

tomorrow i'm gonna do 30+ with a friend. I will probably not run after this one, but I do love me some bricks and going forward will attach them to longer bike rides!