Swim Bike Run

Wetsuits (Read 258 times)

Marathonmanleto

In the market for a wet suit.  Attracted by Desoto's T1 two piece with 5mm bottom.  I like the idea of extra flotation for the legs.  Has anyone had experience with?  What wet-suits do you like?

Have a zoot full sleeve and love it

Have an xterra sleeveless (really cheap, less than $100) and its ok

It keeps you afloat completely and well worth it

I have an xterra full sleeve wetsuit which I got for $149.  Being a weak swimmer, I LOVE my wetsuit.  It's the only one I've worn, so I can only compare it to swimming without one, and it's like strapping a boat around my body...well maybe that's an exaggeration, but there is a huge difference in buoyancy.  

Home Away From Home

there is a deal on Xterra Vortex3 wetsuits right now and I am doing my first tri in August in NH.  I am trying to decide between sleeveless and full sleeve. They say water temp avg is 70-75.  Anyone with experience who can recommend which one I should go with I would appreciate the advice. Thanks. 

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Marathonmanleto

I ordered mine!!  Been looking at wetsuits for a while.  Xterra is offering quite a deal--ships free and there is a 30 day money back guarantee to boot!  At that price it's worth ordering.

I ordered mine!!  Been looking at wetsuits for a while.  Xterra is offering quite a deal--ships free and there is a 30 day money back guarantee to boot!  At that price it's worth ordering.

My xterra is good, got it for $99, but can tell the difference in quality vs my zoot one that was $200. And the xterra one has a few more gashes in it. But happy with both.