Swim Bike Run

Olympic Triathlon (Read 81 times)

Well I finally got a chance to actually watch the olympic triathlon and I must say I feel absolutely sickened and robbed.  That is not the sport that I fell in love with.  Maybe I'm just not up to speed on all the varieties of tri's but I really had an impression it was intended to be an individual effort.  The drafting on the bike phase just completely ruined the event for me.  The way they run the event in the olympics completely takes away from people having individual strengths (especially bike strength) and I don't really see the point of even doing it. 

Oh Mighty Wing

gah! I meant to get to a TV to see this...  now I'm really mad I don't have TV... think I can find this on the interwebs somewhere?? 

and drafting?? seriously!! wth

Wow, take it easy bitter cyclist. Unfortunately drafting is allowed in the ITU and Olympic events. Hopefully one day they can add IM and/or half IM to the distance so no drafting will be allowed. 

And if you watch the Men's event, one of the Brownlee brothers will probably win because they are the best at all 3 events and not at one, you can't have a "speciality" at this level 

And most cyclists are ok with drafting, hell whats the tour de france?? they have some time trials but a whole lot of races with drafting. 

Oh Mighty Wing

so it's just USAT races and IM that don't allow drafting?

in which case I retrack my wth statement and pose a question: why the difference?