Swim Bike Run

Three weeks to Kona (Read 318 times)

T-Bone - I don't have any advice for you, just want to wish you good luck ...  and congratulations for just making it to Kona!

Every time I feel like I'm doing a lot of miles on the bike, I look at your log and am humbled.

I'm doing my first Half Ironman in November so I thought that if I could roughly do half what you're doing I'd be ok.  I think I should set my sights a little lower now that I've tried that.  More miles has helped though.  I guess in some ways training is pretty simple.

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

I'm doing my first Half Ironman in November so I thought that if I could roughly do half what you're doing I'd be ok.  I think I should set my sights a little lower now that I've tried that.  More miles has helped though.  I guess in some ways training is pretty simple.

Good luck.  In 2009, I focused on halfs.  Take a look at May through September of that year for some ideas.  Good luck Tony!

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Good luck.  In 2009, I focused on halfs.  Take a look at May through September of that year for some ideas.  Good luck Tony!

Thanks for the info.  I looked at your training before the August race and just from that, it looks like I need to have more easy rides, and some faster interval workouts worked into my program.  I'm doing high mileage for me, and I think the volume should be ok if I keep it in the 120 - 140 miles/wk, but there's no way I will be able to do over 2 mph above my avg pace right now in the race.  

I may send you a message rather than hijack your thread.

I guess all we need to track you in the race is your bib number - 911, right?

Tbone is out of the water in 1:08. T1 about 4 min. Goals were 1:10 swim and 3:30 T1 so hes on the bike about a min ahead of goal. GO TBONE!
          Slo

Thats an awesome swim time.....and that's with no wet suit.

Go T-Bone
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Go T-Bone!!!  Woot! Cool

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Success. I will do a race report soon.  Time to eat a cheese bureger and get drunk

SWIM

BIKE RUN OVERALL RANK DIV.POS.
                  1:08:15 5:18:21 3:23:35 9:58:06 440 74

LEG DISTANCE PACE RANK DIV.POS.
                  TOTAL SWIM 2.4 mi. (1:08:15) 1:47/100m 799 127

BIKE SPLIT 1 5.5 mi. (15:02) 21.95 mph
                  BIKE SPLIT 2 28 mi. (1:04:09) 21.04 mph
                  BIKE SPLIT 3 59 mi. (1:33:52) 19.82 mph
                  BIKE SPLIT 4 88 mi. (1:19:03) 22.01 mph
                  FINAL BIKE SPLIT 112 mi. (1:06:15) 21.74 mph
                  TOTAL BIKE 112 mi. (5:18:21) 21.11 mph 622 119

RUN SPLIT 1 5 mi. (38:28) 7:41/mile
                  RUN SPLIT 2 10.2 mi. (38:22) 7:22/mile
                  RUN SPLIT 3 17.2 mi. (59:46) 8:32/mile
                  FINAL RUN SPLIT 26.2 mi. (1:06:59) 7:26/mile
                  TOTAL RUN 26.2 mi. (3:23:35) 7:46/mile 440 74

TRANSITION TIME
                  T1: SWIM-TO-BIKE 4:02
                  T2: BIKE-TO-RUN 3:53

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Success. I will do a race report soon.  Time to eat a cheese bureger and get drunk

Heh, after all that I'll bet it doesn't take much to get drunk.  You deserve it!

Wow, the splits you posted for each leg just blow me away.  On a good day I can pedal 20mph for a mile if I am hammering.  You went faster than that for 112.  I could run maybe 1 mile at your marathon leg pace, too.  And swimming...well, that's just crazy shit.  If I were supposed to swim I'd have been born with fins and gills. Big grin

Can't wait for the full report.  For now enjoy a well-deserved rest and lots o' beer Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Tell us about mile 10.2 to 17.2 on the run. It must be f*ing tough cause I see everyone slowed up during that leg.

Nice job on the race.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

protoplasm72

Holy Crap.

You sir are a machine.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Marathonmanleto

Very impressive.  Nicely balanced splits.  Would love to see your training program.

Very impressive.  Nicely balanced splits.  Would love to see your training program.

His log is public and very impressive.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Slo

Job well done T-Bone.

Pretty damn awesome........Now what are you going to do with all that fitness ?  Big grin

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

His log is public and very impressive.

Yeah, I was kinda frightened by how many hours of training he was putting in.

And great job!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.