Swim Bike Run

Officially a triathlete (or maybe not?) (Read 287 times)

obk

I participated to my first sprint triathlon last week.Finished one before last, but finished!

The funny thing is that on the data derived from my GPS,I read that the bike distance was 16,8km and the running distance was 7,2km. This means that they have taken out 3,2km of bike and added 2,2km in running. Is this something that happens usually or is it a bad organization? Also, in term of global effort, would 2,2km running be equivalent to 3,2km bike? In other words, should I consider myself a triathlete Smile.?

2012 goals: Run 650Km; Ride 1800Km; Swim 140Km; Finish Sprint Triathlon in 1:30; Finish half marathon (no time limit) Done - jan 29 in Marrakech, Morocco - timing: 2h07m51s; Finish Olympic Distance triathlon (Done - Nov 10 in Agadir)

The race is the event.

The training for the event makes you a triathlete!  Great job.

(regarding the shorter distance Sprint races, it's not uncommon for the distances to be odd and different from the advertised distances.  Don't think too much of it.)

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That distance thing is true.  The last sprint du I did had an advertised 2.5k first leg, which was correct, but the 2nd 5k leg ended up being closer to 6k...that's pretty stinky.  I still had a half mile to go when I was at the 3 mile mark, but I didn't pace myself for that, so I was struggling with that uphill finish and no gas left in the tank.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

IMKY13 finish!!

I participated to my first sprint triathlon last week.Finished one before last, but finished!

....should I consider myself a triathlete Smile.?

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

WTG!!!!!! 

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I don't think there's any standards for distances in a sprint tri anyway--the real question is, did you do the same distances as the other competitors in the same race?

Also, congratulations!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

jdais

Completing a sprint is not an east task.  Most people out there can't even run a 5k, let alone run it after swimming and biking.  You are a triathlete when:

http://www.active.com/triathlon/Articles/So-You-Wanna-Be-a-Triathlete.htm?cmp=306&memberid=89209833&lyrisid=24182617&email=jmdrs4@hotmail.com

Swim , Bike, and Run A LOT

obk

After completing my first sprint triathlon in october,I have now finishe"d my first halp marathon last sunday, jan 30. Timing was 2h07m51s. Although I am quite satisfied with the timing, I am a bit frustrated that I was forced to slow down a bit between km 18 and 20. I guess with experience I will be able to better manage my run in order to keep some energy for the last kilometers. Summary graph of the race in the following link: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/c3fb689a8cc24d12923c36555d0ac1b1/workouts/39bfb56eda6449f1b42b9db436daa55b/graphs. BTW, the race was in Marrakech, Morocco...

2012 goals: Run 650Km; Ride 1800Km; Swim 140Km; Finish Sprint Triathlon in 1:30; Finish half marathon (no time limit) Done - jan 29 in Marrakech, Morocco - timing: 2h07m51s; Finish Olympic Distance triathlon (Done - Nov 10 in Agadir)