Swim Bike Run

Smithfield sprint (Read 190 times)

Heading out for my first race of the year.  I feel very undertrained.  At least it's only a 300m pool swim.

I did much better than I expected.  Shaved 10 minutes off my time from last year.  Last year it would have been good enough for 2nd in my AG but this year it was only good for 9th.  Where did all these fast people come from?

wow, nice job. Ten minutes is a lot of time in any race, especially a sprint. Where did you make up all the time?

Thanks, last years race was my first tri ever so I had a lot of room for improvement in all areas.  So I picked up about a minute in the transitions, swim and run, but most of it was the bike.  10 mile bike ride last year was 34:00, this year about 28:30.  Seems like the bike is the best bang for your buck for extra training.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

...  Seems like the bike is the best bang for your buck for extra training.

I think this may depend on who "you" is, and how fast this "you" person is at each of the three sports Smile

Anyway, congratulations on a great improvement!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.