Swim Bike Run

Indoor cycling training (Read 21 times)

I've seen others use Zwift as an option to help keep the sanity while on the indoor. What does it take to be get set-up?  I know you need a screen and the ability to connect to the internet. What do you have on the bike that communicates with Zwift. It seems pretty cool and looks to be a better option than switching on re-runs of shows.

carlos49er

I have  Garmin speed/ cadence sensors on my bike. Locked into a cycleops fluid2 trainer. Running zwift on windows 7 pc with an Ant+ adaptor. Had to get a short USB extension cable to have the Ant+ adaptor closer to the bike (signal kept getting dropped). I also have the zwift app on my phone some remote control and chat options.  Eventually I'd like to get a kickr.

http://zwift.com/getting-started/

Zwift FAQ https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/articles/206271313-What-equipment-do-I-need-

This will walk you through it.

I've seen others use Zwift as an option to help keep the sanity while on the indoor. What does it take to be get set-up?  I know you need a screen and the ability to connect to the internet. What do you have on the bike that communicates with Zwift. It seems pretty cool and looks to be a better option than switching on re-runs of shows.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I started a thread out in the GSP with some Zwift questions/musings. Now I'm just wondering what my username should be. I think Zoomy Oomy...so that it will show as Z. Oomy

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay