Swim Bike Run

Turkey Triathlon (Read 343 times)

Wannabee Newbie

We have a cool Turkey Triathlon here in Los Angeles area that I signed up for.   

It's not too long.   1/2 mile swim, 14 mile bike , 4.5 mile run so should be nice workout. 

83 and Sunny down here today and beautiful.

My cycle club has a nice 40 mile group ride Thanksgiving Morning + our normal Saturday group ride of about 32 miles with a fair amount of hill climbing Saturday.   

Going to make for a nice training week. 

Anyone else have Turkey Triathlon's in their area?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wannabee Newbie

I've always wanted to do that race, but I'm in upstate ny this week.  No triathlons here-unless running, hottub and beer count.

Good luck!

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Yet another advantage to living in SoCal. 

Our Tri season here in NoVA is over, we did have a Du the Sat before Thanksgiving and it was windy and chilly, but fun. 

Our Thanksgiving tri was pretty much run-eat-nap

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
          My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
          Ride 112 miles.
          Run 26.2 miles.
          Then brag for the rest of your life.
          -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Wannabee Newbie

Yep Southern Cal has it's advantages.     I'm originally from Oregon and have swam in the cold Pacific Northwest Ocean.     However....it's been a while.

Let me say that our beach start into the lake this morning in San Dimas California offered water temps of 58 degrees.    I know I know some of you are laughing.   It literally took my breath away and took me some time to be able to even breath

SWIM 800 METERS = 16:16    16th  out of 55    58 degrees and calm swim, but had a very long run to transition area before our time was logged.

Transition 1 = 3:49  17th out of 55

BIKE  14.5 Miles = 44:03   12th of 55   kind of hilly and breezy too.

T-2 = 1:56   28th of 55

RUN  4.5 Miles = 36:47    16th of 55   also a bit hilly.

TOTAL = 1:42:53   and a 12th place finish out of 55 in age group 40-44.    

Odd that I finished 12th............yet had no elements better than 12th.       Obviously I don't have a specialty.   haha  

Yep Southern Cal has it's advantages.     I'm originally from Oregon and have swam in the cold Pacific Northwest Ocean.     However....it's been a while.

Let me say that our beach start into the lake this morning in San Dimas California offered water temps of 58 degrees.    I know I know some of you are laughing.   It literally took my breath away and took me some time to be able to even breath

SWIM 800 METERS = 16:16    16th  out of 55    58 degrees and calm swim, but had a very long run to transition area before our time was logged.

Transition 1 = 3:49  17th out of 55

BIKE  14.5 Miles = 44:03   12th of 55   kind of hilly and breezy too.

T-2 = 1:56   28th of 55

RUN  4.5 Miles = 36:47    16th of 55   also a bit hilly.

TOTAL = 1:42:53   and a 12th place finish out of 55 in age group 40-44.    

Odd that I finished 12th............yet had no elements better than 12th.       Obviously I don't have a specialty.   haha  

58 degree water??? BRRRR!!! Sounds like you had a good time though.
              Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers