Swim Bike Run

Yet another new bike (Read 204 times)

I took a trip to Moorhead MN yesterday to pick up my newest ride. Its a 2007 Felt B2 tri-bike with Ultegra components and Mavic Askium Race whhelset.in a size 52cm. I took her for a ride today and this thing flies. This is my first full carbon framest and WOW, what a great ride. I'm thick in the shoulders, so getting my elbows together in the aero position will take some time getting used to.

Felt B2

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow...that looks like a ginsu knife!  Gorgeous...how far was your first ride?  How does the saddle feel?  I think that would be the thing that would take the most getting used to for me.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wow...that looks like a ginsu knife!  Gorgeous...how far was your first ride?  How does the saddle feel?  I think that would be the thing that would take the most getting used to for me.

My wife and I went for a leisurely 23 miles. The saddle feels better then my road bike and I pleasantly suprised how comfy it was. I was having a numbness problem when I road my F15 road bike for anything over about 30 minutes, but I didn't have that problem when I rode my B2. I'm looking at getting an ISM Adamo TT saddle. Not sure why, they just look like they could be comfortable.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Slo

Your seats to low, Your in the small ring, never be caught in the small ring. There are to many spacers before your stem. You need an fluid trainer. Your base board is to wide and you left your stuffed animal friend on the ground.

Big grin

There's a Slowtwitch response for you.

Nice bike.

I've never had a problem with any saddle. I have a buddy that can't find a saddle. I put a Brooks on the 29'r single speed I built up and I absolutely love that saddle.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've never had a problem with any saddle. I have a buddy that can't find a saddle. I put a Brooks on the 29'r single speed I built up and I absolutely love that saddle.

I think I got pretty lucky...I found a saddle that works well for me on the 3rd try (stock saddle was too squishy, next try was still a bit too squishy, but also too wide and too pear-shaped.  On the 3rd try I had a better understanding of saddle shape and size and found the Specialized Jett 143 to be a good fit).  Though it was better on my previous bike, since I'm less upright now...I've actually considered trying a TT saddle for better comfort in the drops or with aero bars.  I've seen LOTS of Adamo saddles on TT bikes.  Selle SMPs seem really popular, too.  They are all friggin' $$$, though.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay