Swim Bike Run

I'm finally committed (Read 323 times)

Or is that, I should be committed?

After talking all winter about how I was going to do a tri this year, I finally signed up for my first one.  It's a woman's only and very recommended for beginners, has a rookie meeting the night before and everything.  I'm very excited, but only have a month to get ready.  Haven't been in the pool in about 2 months.  And my running, I'm just now starting to build back up after my injury in the half mary in May.  Geez what was I thinking! 

Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
      Good luck with the training and getting healthy, my first tri is in about 5 weeks
        Congrats to both of you! I just did my first two tris last year, and finishing was one of the best feelings I've ever had. Despite being completely beat, I had a huge smile on my face the entire last mile of the run (can't say I've ever had that in a running race).
          good luck and enjoy!!

running buddies

Are you doing the Women's only in Sylvania?  I'll be there tomorrow.... somewhere in the back...  my training has definitely been sporadic this summer.  Good luck!
            "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)
              Are you doing the Women's only in Sylvania?  I'll be there tomorrow.... somewhere in the back...  my training has definitely been sporadic this summer.  Good luck!

Yes that is the one I did.  Sorry I didn't read this before hand so we could look for each other.    I even had on my Runningahead tech shirt.

It was  a great first time race for me.  I really enjoyed it.  My training has been very sporatic so I just went into it with a "I want to finish and learn what to do for next time" attitude.  It was a great learning race. 

How did you do?

Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers

running buddies

Well, my overall time was better than the one-and-only other tri I've done in my life, which was also the Sylvania Women's only 2 years ago.  But my swim was much worse and my run was worse!  I made up all the improvement in my transitions and my bike time, which was almost certainly due to using a road bike instead of a mountain bike with knobby tires...

I was disappointed that my run was so slow and felt so bad.  I've been doing a lot more running over the last year and a half and thought I was more prepared for that part, even if I haven't been swimming or biking much.  But I think I just didn't have any gas left in the tank.

Had to leave right after the race to go chaperone marching band camp with my two sons, and worked all day the day before.  I don't know how people fit 50 miles/week into their lives.  It was a beautiful day for a race, though, wasn't it?  And I'll probably do it again.  Some day I hope to get up the courage to do a co-ed race but guys (in general) are just so much more aggressive than I am. 

"Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)