Swim Bike Run

open water swim (Read 547 times)

Slo

Maybe I need to start tracking the age of my goggles? I'm not sure on the age of them, but I do recall that they didn't fog up when they were new. I had thought about that before but can to the conclusion that my workout intensity may have been lower then as my swimming has improved over the last few months. I seem to sweat pretty heavily after my pool workouts, but yesterdays OWS temps were pretty cold and I definitely didn't sweat like normal.

I'll have to get some of the anti-fog spray and see if that works

Save your money......You don't need new goggles and you don't need anti fog spray.

The cheapest and most effective.....Spit in them and smear it around, a quick dip to rinse and you will have fog free vision.  Ever see a SCUBA Diver put his mask on? They always spit in it.

Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo also works very well. Buy a travel size and keep it in your swim bag.

Save your money......You don't need new goggles and you don't need anti fog spray.

The cheapest and most effective.....Spit in them and smear it around, a quick dip to rinse and you will have fog free vision.  Ever see a SCUBA Diver put his mask on? They always spit in it.

Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo also works very well. Buy a travel size and keep it in your swim bag.

+1000 on this.  Always spit in my goggles (and dive mask)  never have had an issue.

Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

re: temp

Some people like to try to acclimate to colder temps slowly -- well, I guess this only works in the autumn, when temps are slowly dropping. We're trying to get in the water regularly to help adjust as the water temps drop from 70s to 60s.

(64F this eve -- was brisk without a wetsuit, and I sure didn't sit around gawking at scenery, but as long as I kept going I was ok.)

PS: Someone I know said they have some type of goggles that you can't spit in (b/c the conventional solution is just that - to spit in them) -- but I already forgot what kind.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.