Swim Bike Run

Weekend Triathlon Results...End of Season #1. (Read 232 times)

Wannabee Newbie

Finished my last Triathlon of season and it was a fantastic setting.   Half the bike was on California side and other half on Arizona side of the Colorado River in Parker.    

Distances were not typical and it did have an impact on my race for sure.   Definetely a bikers race...but the run is what got me.

1K Swim = 18:47  (50 out of 116 Field)  (8 out of 22 in my age group)

53K Bike = 1:35:56 (52  of 116)  (10 of 22)   

8K run = 42:56   (72 of 116)   (13 of 22)

On the positives it was the first race where I have been able to average better than 20MPH on Bike.......20.6 for the race.    No Wind.......terrain was rolling hills with some moderate climbs but nothing ridiculous.

On the negatives....and this is where the different distances were tough on me...........I never found my legs on the run.   What's worse is I was pretty close to cramping up in a locked position on both legs with 1/2 mile left.    Worst run I have had all season.  

Beautiful race and some of the friendliest people I have met at a race.   

Season #1 is in the books and I am looking forward to improving next year.  

Slo

Nice race..well done.

It's common that when people move up from the sprint distance to anything longer it's the run that gets 'em.

We have an early season sprint that has a 4 mile run....very hilly. Top finishing times for this race is 1hr 45min.....that puts the MOP'rs coming in around 2:20...that's a fairly long race and many people are not fully trained.

Looks like you had a great racing season.....take a short break and get ready for next years !

Wannabee Newbie

Thanks Slo Hand,

I think also the temperatures....while not super hot......were at 85 during run and that is a good 10 degrees more than the recent temps back home.    That extra 8 miles on bike is what got me.   Legs almost cramped up completely.   Not a fun feeling.

Will do....going to take that short rest and then train for next year.

In Year #1   I did

Sprints = 2

Olympic = 2

Plus this last race which was Olympic but odd distances.  

A fun 5 races and great experience.   

Next year I will do a few of the same races again as I have a benchmark.   

I like how you track your Basketball workouts.....THAT was my sport....but too much ligament damage and I don't want surgery....so no quick moving lateral sports for me.

Gotta TRI

Nice job Bill! Great first season. As stated already, take a short break and look forward to next year
          2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
          T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Way to go!  Sounds like a successful season.  Best of luck next year.  Keep us posted on your off-season/early season training.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'