Swim Bike Run

Swim-Bike-Run - 2018 (Read 13 times)

It's been a LONG time since this forum has had any activity.  Obviously, the 2017 season is over. 
    For those of us that swim-bike-run, we're looking at 2018.

Feel free to post your 2018 plans, whether it be learning to swim, or qualifying for Kona.

I spent the past 18 months in retirement, and I'm back at it and ready to conquer my next adventure.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Village people

I had to double check the year on this post.

My kids have interfered with my availability for my masters swim class this fall. I kind of have my eye on a 5 mike relay that takes place in summer. I think I will work on doing longer pieces in the water and do some open water in the spring.

My youngest son, he is 13, wants to do a triathalon. He did swim team in the summer and just finished his first cross country season. It went well so he is pretty anxious to try one.

delicate flower

So far I've got two races booked:

Rev3 Quassy 70.3 - June 3

Ironman Chattanooga - Sept 30

There will be plenty of shorter races in there too, but these are the big ones.

<3

My plans.  I haven't yet registered for either of these yet.

June - 70.3 (non-IM branded) in Michigan

Sept. 29 - full (IM Maryland).

And... kids and triathlon!!! LOVE.  There is nothing better than starting them off in the sport young.  This sport is geared toward adults and endurance, but kids can get that dream at a relatively young age that 'nothing is impossible'.

Life Goals:

Village people

My plans.  I haven't yet registered for either of these yet.

June - 70.3 (non-IM branded) in Michigan

Sept. 29 - full (IM Maryland).

And... kids and triathlon!!! LOVE.  There is nothing better than starting them off in the sport young.  This sport is geared toward adults and endurance, but kids can get that dream at a relatively young age that 'nothing is impossible'.

He will need to work on his swimming endurance. His favorite running route is almost seven miles. He runs to a store in town and we pick him up so I suspect he is running for food.

The relay I have my eye on is called Swim for a Mission and the swim is across Newfound Lake in NH. My swim coach/friend did it last year (the first offici year) and the only issue was the kayak support. Not all were good at keeping the point and some swimmers did some weaving. It is for a good cause, too.

"spring" swimming in open water in NH! wowsers! Smile  That sounds a tiny bit cold Smile

I assume you're doing a decent amount of pool swims this fall/winter/spring to prepare for the race.

And... don't we all run for food??? Wink

He will need to work on his swimming endurance. His favorite running route is almost seven miles. He runs to a store in town and we pick him up so I suspect he is running for food.

The relay I have my eye on is called Swim for a Mission and the swim is across Newfound Lake in NH. My swim coach/friend did it last year (the first offici year) and the only issue was the kayak support. Not all were good at keeping the point and some swimmers did some weaving. It is for a good cause, too.

Life Goals:

Village people

"spring" swimming in open water in NH! wowsers! Smile  That sounds a tiny bit cold Smile

I assume you're doing a decent amount of pool swims this fall/winter/spring to prepare for the race.

And... don't we all run for food??? Wink

LOL. I almost did a leg last year and started doing longer stretches. It is in July am I think they wore wetsuits but my coach

is a wealth of knowledge. She did some crazy swims for Alcatraz last year but the swim ended up being canceled. I like a challenge but I hope to do some more sculling in the summer. I rowed (sweep) this fall but tried a quad and did some sculling. I liked it a lot.