Swim Bike Run

Where is everybody? (Read 335 times)

Muebele

Last year, there were new post almost daily, and it was fun to keep up with everybody's training and racing.

But for 2012... where is everybody?  Do people take Olympic/Leap years off or something?

I'm 2 weeks away from my first Ironman.... 15 days actually.

I was wondering the same thing.

I'm here.... Tapering sucks.... getting lots of sleep, and hoping to be fresh for Ironman Texas.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

IMKY13 finish!!

Good luck!!!!  We'll be waiting for a race report.

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

xhristopher

After I get one more dumb spring marathon out of the way in two weeks I hope to start faking it as a triathlete this summer. I went ahead and signed up for a 70.3 w/o ever doing a tri in the first place. Wicked smaht huh? Expect lots of dumb questions.

jdais

I have a few sprints in June/July and Timberman in August, my 1st half

Swim , Bike, and Run A LOT

I was wondering the same thing.

I'm here.... Tapering sucks.... getting lots of sleep, and hoping to be fresh for Ironman Texas.

Do you know if your event has bib number tracking?

If it does, whats your bib number? I may want to check in and see how its going for you.

Oh and good luck.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Do you know if your event has bib number tracking?

If it does, whats your bib number? I may want to check in and see how its going for you.

Oh and good luck.

Yes, IronmanLive.com.

Be sure to arrive early, and stay late.  It might take me a while Smile

You can search by my bib#, but I don't know it.

Thanks,

Brian

Life Goals:

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Sweet.  Good luck at IMTX Brian.

Answer to the OP -

General Barnicke: Where have you been soldier?
                  John Winger: Training, sir.
                  General Barnicke: What kind of training?
                  John Winger: Army training, sir.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Occasionally checking the boards. Training hard for my 1st tri (Rev3 quassy 70.3) in 3 weeks.
                    Muebele

Good luck Brian, do something crazy at the finish so that you'll make the telecast! And finish on your feet!
                      Muebele

Oh and what. Is up with everybody doing these early season big races?? I have a sprint in 3 weeks and I am worried that I am not training enough!!! Ironman's and 70.3's, you guys are in bettershape then me

Thanks.  I will try to finish with my arms raised high and a smile on my face (hopefully before sunset).

Texas is warm already.  Race day should be about 86*, and we've had "warm" weather and preparation weather all year.

It's very hard for us to have a race in the fall, as the summer months are brutal for training.  After this weekend, it'll be tough for me to get much biking in before Labor Day.

Life Goals:

Thanks.  I will try to finish with my arms raised high and a smile on my face (hopefully before sunset).

Texas is warm already.  Race day should be about 86*, and we've had "warm" weather and preparation weather all year.

It's very hard for us to have a race in the fall, as the summer months are brutal for training.  After this weekend, it'll be tough for me to get much biking in before Labor Day.

Do a cartwheel across the line, I dare ya!

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Marathonmanleto

Brian,

Good luck out there!  Enjoy the experience of IM.  It's an adventure.  And remember...when it gets tough SMILE!!  It helps a lot.

Muebele

Nice Stripes reference T-Bone

You know when I was a kid I loved that movie, I had most of it memorized, even though I missed some of the "adult" jokes!

"Where is your drill sergeant?"

"Blown up, sir!"

I guess the spring in Texas is like the summer in PA.  Of course, the weather has been crazy this year.  I did a marathon in April in New England and it was nearly 90!  Maybe you will get a break and the weather will be cooler. 

Anyway, good luck.  I will be looking out for you. 

Oh and you are Bib 1645 in case you wanted to know!