Swim Bike Run

Long run ? (Read 394 times)

T-Bone,

You do 2 bike workouts then? When do you do the 2nd? Oh I suppose I could look at log.. but I'm lazy.

I really dug myself in a whole this week. My run on Tuesday was crap. I swam yesterday. Slept in today. Not sure when I will get to run. I really messed up by running long on Sunday.

2 bike workouts? Do you mean in the same day? He bikes nearly everyday and 200 miles a week. T-Bone is not your Average Joe triathlete. You really need to take a peak at his workout log.

And no, I will not run the Mankato Marathon anytime soon. I have yet to run a full. I need to get down to racing weight before I tackle the full marathon as I'm not sure my body will hold up to 26.2 miles at 200 pounds. Around 175 and I'll give it a serious thought. I'll stick with races up to the HM for now and am planning on the Monster Dash in Octaber this year for an "A" race.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Bugs - I ride a lot.  But in answering your question after reading the Strauss article, I used to do my important long ride on Saturday and the do my long run Sunday.  I would get another long ride in on Wednesday, either after work or sometimes taking the afternoon off.  I found it better to do my long run Wednesday morning before work then do my most important bike on Saturday.  Important means up tempo and long.  Then on Sunday another longish ride, but not worrying too much about the quality, just get it done.  I am not doing this right now because my wife is training for an Ironman and that is the plan she is doing.  I did this last August and September (2010).  It worked well and I'll go back to this the next time I train for an Ironman.  It's better on the body and it allows me to be more productive at work.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

HA - what he said.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Bugs

2 bike workouts? Do you mean in the same day? He bikes nearly everyday and 200 miles a week. T-Bone is not your Average Joe triathlete. You really need to take a peak at his workout log.

And no, I will not run the Mankato Marathon anytime soon. I have yet to run a full. I need to get down to racing weight before I tackle the full marathon as I'm not sure my body will hold up to 26.2 miles at 200 pounds. Around 175 and I'll give it a serious thought. I'll stick with races up to the HM for now and am planning on the Monster Dash in Octaber this year for an "A" race.

Bugs