Swim Bike Run

Where is everybody? (Read 335 times)

IMKY13 finish!!

Doing a super sprint tri this weekend (200m / 9.6 miles / 2 miles)....my goal is to "redeem" myself from a couple of weeks ago.

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Doing a super sprint tri this weekend (200m / 9.6 miles / 2 miles)....my goal is to "redeem" myself from a couple of weeks ago.

Honestly I'd have a tough time paying more then $25 for a triathlon that distance. Good luck and I hope it goes better then the last one for you.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Brian was 179th in his division afte the swim and moved up nicely to 122nd after a very good bike.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Muebele

Nice race brian! Can't wait to hear about it, once you recovered!
            Nice race brian! Can't wait to hear about it, once you recovered!

I did it!  I'll provide a race report later.  

12:31.17

Basically, though, miles 8 - 16 were tough.  My back started to hurt, and I walked about 90% of the 2nd loop (it was also pretty hot at that time).

Thanks y'all.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Well done, Sir!

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

xhristopher

Nice job, Iron Brian.

IMKY13 finish!!

I did it!  I'll provide a race report later.  

12:31.17

Basically, though, miles 8 - 16 were tough.  My back started to hurt, and I walked about 90% of the 2nd loop (it was also pretty hot at that time).

Thanks y'all.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  Way to go Brian!!!!

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

Marathonmanleto

Mission accomplished!  Good job Brian!!  

brandthin

hey guys I need a little bit of help deciding on an indoor bike trainer.  I'm pretty new into cycling but i've really started to love it, which is why I think I need an indoor bike trainer now, I'm addicted!!  I've been looking around and I need some suggestions, I found this site http://www.squidoo.com/best-indoor-bike-trainer-stands-mats-risers and I really like the Forza F-2 Model and I was curious if any of you guys have had experience with that model or forza and if it's a pretty reliable brand.  any help would be great, thanks guys.

carlos49er

hey guys I need a little bit of help deciding on an indoor bike trainer.  I'm pretty new into cycling but i've really started to love it, which is why I think I need an indoor bike trainer now, I'm addicted!!  I've been looking around and I need some suggestions, I found this site http://www.squidoo.com/best-indoor-bike-trainer-stands-mats-risers and I really like the Forza F-2 Model and I was curious if any of you guys have had experience with that model or forza and if it's a pretty reliable brand.  any help would be great, thanks guys.

I use the CycleOps Fluid2 and has worked well. The Fluid1 model had a problem with oil leaks.

I use the CycleOps Fluid2 and has worked well. The Fluid1 model had a problem with oil leaks.

FWIW, my Fluid2 also had an oil leak, but CycleOps warranteed it and sent me a new unit with little to no questions asked.

brandthin, many sources I've checked suggest the fluid type trainers (CycleOps Fluid2, Kurt Kenetic Road Machine, etc.) are the way to go for an indoor cycling trainer. Most agree you get the closest feel to being on the road with a fluid since the resistance is progressive and not constant like a magenetic. The faster you pedal and change gears, the higher the resistance. I personally have both types and never use the magnetic trainer anymore.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

jdais

Fluid.  Currently have a Kurt Kenetic Road Machine and it is great compared to the magnetic or the rim drive.

Swim , Bike, and Run A LOT