Swim Bike Run

Garmins for multi-sport events...? (Read 283 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Someone needs to walk me through how to set up my 305 for a race scenario (no hurry, just something that I've got to learn at some point).  I thought only the new 310XT could automatically switch events, but then I read something somewhere that suggested that the 305 can do this, too.

Is that true?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Yes the 305 does multi sport, but I wouldn't swim with it, the 305 is not rated for lengthy immersion in water. 

From page 29 of the Garmin 305 user manual:

Press Mode, select Training> auto Multisport, t

You can edit each of the legs and include transition time between sprot by selecting the checkbox +(inclused Transition).When I had the 305 (now have the 310) I removed the first sport in the list (other) and did not time the swim, I used my Timex Ironman watch for that)

Then on race day you select start multisport, hit the start button at the begining of the bike leg, at each timing mat (coing into T2, leaving T2) hit the lap button, the wathc will swith modes.  Hit stop when youcross the finish line.

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
      My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
      Ride 112 miles.
      Run 26.2 miles.
      Then brag for the rest of your life.
      -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, my Garmin didn't come with a manual, I don't think.  I seem to recall just some CDs.

Ok, that is cool.  Boy, even 2+ years after purchasing my Garmin I still find new things it can do.  It has more than paid for itself over time.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Yeah, Garmin doesn't seem to ship manuals anymore, at least they didn't when I got my 310,  Here is a link to a downloadable pdf for all things 305  305 manuals

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
          My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
          Ride 112 miles.
          Run 26.2 miles.
          Then brag for the rest of your life.
          -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator