Swim Bike Run

Du or du not...there is no tri. (Read 450 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Nice race report.  Well done.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, Troy...I really had the time of my life.  I would do that every weekend if it were possible.  So much fun.  We have one closer to home in late June, but it's a weekend when we will be gone for DH's class reunion. Sad

~ Sarah Kay

Zoom

It looks like you had a very successful first Duathlon and have many more in your future.  Huge CONGRATS!!

Happy Running,
          Troy
          "Start with your Head, Finish with your Heart!"

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Glad you enjoyed it so much even with the weather hitting you hard like that -- and great report -- congratulations.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, guys! Smile

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Just saw your race report. Looks like you had a blast!

I also just noticed your le Tour de Donut post and think that race is SERIOUS BUSINESS. Last week I sat in meetings all day and "accidently" ate 4 donuts. Since I was running 9 miles after work I knew I'd burn them off. Right? Well, that run was a horror show and had me run walking the last three miles all because of those 4 donuts. It was either walk or puke. Perhaps it would have gone better on the bike? I'll probably "accidently" find out one day. 

If you do it good luck. Just ride 15 mph and eat 41 donuts and you'll finish three minutes before you start!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If you do it good luck. Just ride 15 mph and eat 41 donuts and you'll finish three minutes before you start!

Ha, I love this!  Yeah, running + doughnuts sounds pretty hellacious.  I'm hoping biking + doughnuts isn't too godawful. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay