Swim Bike Run

Bikes in the living room (Read 581 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Who else keep their bike in the house all Winter?  We currently have 2 road bikes residing in our cramped living room.  Is it wrong?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

three at our house

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

During the race season, we turn our dinning room into "T0"  (Tee zero).  The wife gets one half of the dinning room table and I get the other half (for gear, shoes, etc.).  We set up a bike stand right in the middle of the room.  A buddy of mine has his bike trainer in the dinning room and hangs his bike shorts on the overhead light to dry.  I have my limits!

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Wannabee Newbie

My wife and I fight about the fact that she leaves the garage door open all night at least once per quarter.    So...guess where my bike lives.....IN THE HOUSE BABY!   

My wife and I both keep our trainers in the living room year round.  Both of us work full time, train full time; and with a 4 year old, I'm afraid I have to use the trainer a lot more than I want to.

It's a big room, but it's starting to get cramped.  My wife keeps making noises about getting rid of my pinball machine!  I have managed to ignore said noises so far.

Most people I know have bikes and accessories in random places around their homes.

Gotta TRI

I almost feel bad to admit ours (2 ) are in our "wellness room" or gym above our garage in front of a 32" flat screen tv.
              2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
                Our two are on the trainers in the spare bedroom.  That seems to be the coolest room in the house so it works out great.
                Happy Running,
                Troy
                "Start with your Head, Finish with your Heart!"

Slo

I'm relagated to the garage.  I have a TV too......a 15" CRT.....3 channels !

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Nice set up.  3 channels?  I hope you have a DVD player.  We wired our bike room with cable TV.  I like to watch movies mostly, but there is nothing like catching an old Ironman on Universal Sports to motivate you!

P.S.  I wanted to watch "Passion of the Christ."  NOT a good trainer movie.  During it I actually said out loud, "Jesus Christ, let the guy carry his cross."  I got a chuckle out of that.  Best movie recently, "The Knowing."  I think if I would have watched it in a movie house or on the couch I would have left/walked out.  I kept peddeling harder to get away from the scary stuff!

P.S.S You are a neat freak!!!!

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Steve, I LOVE your home gym!  A must-have for our next home will be a dedicated gym space.  Between my step, risers for the step, free weights, and bikes we need a LOT more space than we have.  Even a 10x10 room/area would be perfect.

~ Sarah Kay

Gotta TRI

Gyms are like garages...never big enough. Ours is 12 X 35 and though cozy enough we had to remove our cable machine to allow for floor routines (P90x and yoga), treadmill, and bike trainers.
                        2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

I second the movies while riding.  Just one of the benefits of having your trainer in the living room.  Wheel Of Fortune and Jeopardy can get me through an hour, but for anything longer I like to watch a movie.  Usually an action movie, I find myself doing sprints during the action scenes!

My wife and I are planning an addition to our house, a home gym is definately included in the plans!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gyms are like garages...never big enough. Ours is 12 X 35 and though cozy enough we had to remove our cable machine to allow for floor routines (P90x and yoga), treadmill, and bike trainers.

Yeah...right now we use our living room like a gym, and I don't think that room is much bigger than 10x20 with a 7ft. ceiling (stupid 90 year old house).

~ Sarah Kay