Swim Bike Run

My first DNF (Read 84 times)

IMKY13 finish!!

Well, I had my first DNF Saturday at the Nash Vegas triathlon (Olympic distance)….and I am okay with it.  Normally, DNF is not an option for me….however, I had to think “big picture”. 

About ¾ of the way thru the swim, it started pouring (not just a shower....but a drenching rain).  I decided it was not worth risking a bike crash on the wet/slick roads (along with the winds) with my big A race (my first HIM) being just two weeks away….so I turned in my timing chip after finishing the swim portion and called it a day.

I was happy to have gotten the swim portion in at least.  It gave me more OWS practice, which I need.  Although it took me about 40 minutes to complete it....I am happy with the outcome.  It was a river swim, and the water was somewhat choppy & a decent current (due to the wind), so that slowed me down a bit.   However, this was the first time I didn't "freak" out starting the swim and was relaxed & could breath normally (I didn't have to get on my back to clam down & get my breathing under control) from the start.  So all in all, I think it was a good day.

Bring on Branson!!!

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

ultramarathon/triathlete

Hey, better to survive in once piece and live to race another day! 

Good luck at Branson :-)

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
      Gatorade Endurance Team