Swim Bike Run

Triathlon Blog (Read 35 times)

Hope I can provide you some motivation and/or inspiration...or just something to read on the toilet!

http://michael-vitale.com

carlos49er

Good stuff. I just started doing triathlons so I'm soaking up what others have experienced on the long course.  Keep it up.

Nice stuff!  Great write up.  Great race report too.

Excellent race.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Finally got to this, good stuff and congrats on the sub 5

Few updates since my 1st post.  Enjoy.

Good read, funny your talking about caffeine and "supplements." I was just reading about beet juice. Anyone try it? I've been eating chia seeds the last month, not sure if I notice a difference with those.

half-fast

I tried beet juice while training for my first sprint tri this season.  I did well at the race, but was it the beet juice?  Who knows.  I can say that I prefer it over any of the powders or other supplements that I have tried.

A couple things about beet juice:

1.  I can't drink it straight, but I did find this recipe and it seems to work really well:

http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/nutrition/Pro-Secrets-The-Magic-Drink.html

2.  No need to spend the money on the really expensive bottle of beet juice.  Just buy a can of no-salt sliced beets.  You can use the juice from the can for the first shake (using the recipe above)  to see if you like it.  Or if you at least can stand it Tongue  If you do, then just mix up the sliced beets until they make a jelly-like consistency.  You may add a bit of water depending on the consistency you like. Then you can store them in a jar to make your shake each morning.

I'll have to try it at some point, thanks for the link

And congrats to Chaloo, first IM is in the books with a very impressive 10:44

And congrats to Chaloo, first IM is in the books with a very impressive 10:44

Chaloo!!! Congratulations!  Great job.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Thanks guys.  Quite an experience.  I finally got around to updating my blog with a race report if anyone wants to kill some time with a read.