Swim Bike Run

What events are you doing in 2013?? (Read 32 times)

dmfitz2

I've been busy getting reacquainted with triathlon training after a 5 year hiatus.  I don't know why I ever stopped because I am so engrossed in the sport right now, I can't get enough.  Anyways, just curious what events you all have planned for this coming season.  Myself, right now I've got the Steelhead 70.3 in August and then the Chicago Marathon in October.  Might look for a sprint in June some time just to get some race practice in.

Fitz

00:20:20 5k (2008)

1:47:00 Half Marathon (2009)

4:00:45 Marathon (2011)

2013 Goals

Steelhead 1/2 Ironman 8/4/13 (6:32:24)

Sub 4:00 Chicago Marathon 10/13/13

jdais

Long Island Half Marathon in May, Syracuse 70.3 in June,  Toughman 70.3 in Sept, with a few sprints in between.  Maybe the Philly or Baltimore Marathon to close out the year

Swim , Bike, and Run A LOT

IMKY13 finish!!

This is what I am doing this year:

March 9, 2013: Tom King Classic Half Marathon

April 28, 2013: Country Music Half Marathon (2:30 pace group leader)

May 11, 2013: Dickson Endurance Triathlon (1 mile / 38 miles / 9.3 miles)

July 28, 2013: Music City Tri (Olympic distance)

August 25, 2013: Ironman Louisville (my first iron distance tri)

October 19, 2013: Go Commando Half Marathon

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

April 21 - Caveman Sprint Triathlon (Flower Mound, TX)

May 18 - Ironman Texas

September - Stonebridge Ranch Olympic Tri

December - Dallas Marathon (or half marathon)

Other than the bolded events, the other events are up in the air....

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

I haven't actually registered for any of these yet.

Mar 16 - Red Beard 7k

Apr 20 - Earthday 1/2 Marathon

Jun 23 - Graniteman Tri St. Cloud (sprint)

Jul 13 - Graniteman Tri Clearwater (sprint)

Jul 20 - Duluth 1/2 Ironman

Aug 3 - Graniteman Tri Big Lake (sprint)

Aug 25 - Lakes Country Tri (sprint)

Sep 7 - Graniteman 10k

Oct 5 - Fighting Saints ROTC 5k

Oct 20 - Des Moines Marathon

After typing all that I'm sure a couple will be dropped, just not sure which ones.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

hairshirt knitter

I've been busy getting reacquainted with triathlon training after a 5 year hiatus.  I don't know why I ever stopped because I am so engrossed in the sport right now, I can't get enough...

Ha, yes. My second season back after a 10 year break and I'm the same! I raced lots last year, this year it will be lot less, but more focused, currently only intending to do:

EPIC Dartmouth (iron-distance) June 30th - signed up.

Bridgetown Long Course (half-iron) August 4th - currently optional.

Yarmouth Marathon August 25th, unless Boston changes its 2014 registration dates to later in the year. I really hope so, because there is not enough of a gap between the HIM, and this marathon is the latest I can leave it for local races.

I'll probably try to fit a couple of half-marathons in around those, and I still have to think of a good late season goal, depending what happens with the marathon.

I only have the St Louis 5150 and RAGBRAI planned...RAGBRAI is enough for me. I need to train hard all season to loose the weight before I gain a bunch on the good food.

Dropped the first five races of the year. My running is in the toilet right now from some injuries I've been dealing with since March. I'm thinking about doing one tri and focusing on weight management (loss) and the Des Moines marathon. I will probably throw a couple running races in the marathon training cycle just to see where I'm at.

I haven't actually registered for any of these yet.

Mar 16 - Red Beard 7k

Apr 20 - Earthday 1/2 Marathon

Jun 23 - Graniteman Tri St. Cloud (sprint)

Jul 13 - Graniteman Tri Clearwater (sprint)

Jul 20 - Duluth 1/2 Ironman

Aug 3 - Graniteman Tri Big Lake (sprint)

Aug 25 - Lakes Country Tri (sprint)

Sep 7 - Graniteman 10k

Oct 5 - Fighting Saints ROTC 5k

Oct 20 - Des Moines Marathon

After typing all that I'm sure a couple will be dropped, just not sure which ones.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

xhristopher

Dropped the first five races of the year. My running is in the toilet right now from some injuries I've been dealing with since March. I'm thinking about doing one tri and focusing on weight management (loss) and the Des Moines marathon. I will probably throw a couple running races in the marathon training cycle just to see where I'm at.

Sucks when running is in the crapper but why not try aquabike?

Sucks when running is in the crapper but why not try aquabike?

Nver heard of it.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

xhristopher

Nver heard of it.

It's what you think it is. Swim, Bike, Done.  Apparently it's illegal in MN. http://www.trifind.com/gs_aquabike/aquabikeraces.html?state=mn

A former colleague of mine's wife does em several times each summer summer here in MA.

My wife had a stress fracture in her foot earlier this year.  She had signed up for a sprint tri in the area before the fracture.  Rather than throwing away good money, she did the swim and the bike, went through T2, and handed in her chip.

They have some Aquabike's here in TX, but this aquabike that she did was due to an inability to run.

Aquabike's aren't that popular and there are only a few entrants within the tri, but there are alternate ways (even in MN) to get in a swim / bike combination in competition.  Smile

It's what you think it is. Swim, Bike, Done.  Apparently it's illegal in MN. http://www.trifind.com/gs_aquabike/aquabikeraces.html?state=mn

A former colleague of mine's wife does em several times each summer summer here in MA.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life