Swim Bike Run

Ironman Texas - Race Report (2012 OP & 2013 on Page 2) (Read 478 times)

delicate flower

Kercan, nice race, man!  You are right that you can't choose your finishing time...you just have to take what the course, the day, and your body gives you.  Great job on finishing your third IM.  Now when's the fourth?  Smile

<3

Now when's the fourth?  Smile

Bab's, when is your next one?  I'm not as crazy as you and kercan....yet.  I signed up for my 2nd 70.3 next year.  Looking forward to seeing what I can do on a flatter course that doesn't have a trail run for the run.  Time to get on the CT this winter.

delicate flower

Bab's, when is your next one?  I'm not as crazy as you and kercan....yet.  I signed up for my 2nd 70.3 next year.  Looking forward to seeing what I can do on a flatter course that doesn't have a trail run for the run.  Time to get on the CT this winter.

My next one (my 4th) is Mont-Tremblant next August.  Hopefully we'll get the full race in this time.  Smile   Which 70.3 are you doing?  I'm signed up for the Patriot Half in June in MA.  It's a flat course...a hilly course would probably be better for Tremblant training but I want to clock a good time.  Seems all I've done are hilly triathlons the past two years.   

<3

Kercan, nice race, man!  You are right that you can't choose your finishing time...you just have to take what the course, the day, and your body gives you.  Great job on finishing your third IM.  Now when's the fourth?  Smile

Thanks!

When's the 4th?...

I want to race another in 2019, but I'm starting a new job next Monday, and I don't know whether I'll be able to have the training time to properly prepare for a full.  With that said, the team that I'm on has a group of about 15 people going to Mt Tremblant, so that's where I would likely go.

Grew up in Canada ("Can" portion of "KerCan") and I've never raced in Canada.  Would love to race in my birth country.

So, likely no fulls in 2019, but I'll likely do a couple of halfs next year.  

If my work has great work / life balance, I'll possibly decide in February if I'll do Mt Tremblant.

What I wanted to say in my response:
          Since Baboon and I might both be in Mt Tremblant at the same time next year, and you're a stone throw away in CT, you might as well race that full as well. Wink

Cheers,

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

My next one (my 4th) is Mont-Tremblant next August.  Hopefully we'll get the full race in this time.  Smile   Which 70.3 are you doing?  I'm signed up for the Patriot Half in June in MA.  It's a flat course...a hilly course would probably be better for Tremblant training but I want to clock a good time.  Seems all I've done are hilly triathlons the past two years.   

We have a good size group going to Michigan to do the Grand Rapids Triathlon.  My last half was 3 years ago.  Run condition is good, just need to work on the bike strength.  Looking forward to racing a longer race on a tri bike vs the road bike.

We have a good size group going to Michigan to do the Grand Rapids Triathlon.  My last half was 3 years ago.  Run condition is good, just need to work on the bike strength.  Looking forward to racing a longer race on a tri bike vs the road bike.

Really?
              My entire bike training for IM Florida brought me along the 1st 20 (and last 20) miles of the GR Triathlon bike course.  
              I run the run course frequently (live about 1/2 mile off the run route).

I live on the river (lake) where the GR tri swim course swims and swim in there frequently when not at the pool.

You should also do the GR triathlon!  It's a great race with a fairly decent course.

If you and / or your friends have any questions pertaining to Grand Rapids and / or the course, let me know!

(I moved to GR in 2016 from Texas, and I've raced the Oly in both 2017 and 2018.  Next year, I'll likely do the 1/2).

Brian

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

delicate flower

With your run, you've got nothing to worry about on the bike.

<3