Swim Bike Run

Good reads? (Read 301 times)

I just order the books  "The Triathlete's Training Bible",  "A Companion to The Triathlete's Training Bible" and "The Paleo Diet for Athletes" for my wife and I to read through. I'm pretty excited to start reading them.

My wife has competetd Sprint Tri's for a few years now and race direscs two tri's every year, but wants to start getting more serious about competing and training this year. I have yet to do a Triathlon but would like to start competing this year so we can start going to events together now that our kids are getting older.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Those are some good books. I really like Matt Fitzgeralds "Essential Week-By-Week Training Guide." Has plans for Sprints up to Iron Mans, not based on abilities, but based on time allowed to train.
      T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

I liked "Going Long" by Burn and Friel.  I still refer to it.  The Training Bible is very good too.  It came out with a new version recently.  The "decoupling" concept is addressed in the new version.  That's were it's at.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Slo

I liked "Going Long" by Burn and Friel.  I still refer to it.  The Training Bible is very good too.  It came out with a new version recently.  The "decoupling" concept is addressed in the new version.  That's were it's at.

+1 on Going Long.

Although not a training book "Iron Will" is a must read too.