Swim Bike Run

Kids Triathlon (Read 373 times)

db7

My 7 year old did her first tri this morning.  I was as nervous as when I race myself.  She had a great time and got a nice finisher medal.  She's already talking about her next one.  My 6 year old ran a 1 mile kids run this morning as well. She really enjoys it and ask me to take her out all the time.   Great fun.  I'm so proud!!

DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Very cool. You should be proud!
      Find the fun.
        Very nice indeed ... my sons decided to pass on a kid's tri this upcoming weekend, but has been running 1 & 2 mile races in our area over the summer and is actually fairly competent hitting 7:45-8:15/mile paces as a 8 year old. Makes a dad proud!! My other son ... not so interested, but we run for fun at the back of the pack.
        T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=349703&id=1609564485&ref=nf#

Check out the attached link.  My daughter is looking at the camera.  7 years old.  A chip off the old block!

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

T-bone, the link didn't work, probably because we aren't facebook friends.

As for Kid's Tri's.  These are simply awesome.  This is such a family friendly sport.  I am so glad my son loves it too.

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
            My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
            Ride 112 miles.
            Run 26.2 miles.
            Then brag for the rest of your life.
            -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Thats very cool that your kids enjoy being active and having fun outdoors
              T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

There she is.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Here she is 2 years ago at the same race.  She was in the "training wheel" division.  I asked her before the race if she wanted me to remove the basket.  She looked at me like I was an idiot - "no, I might want to put something in it," she replied.

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Here is my autistic son Peter doing a triathlon.  I'm right behind him to keep him somewhat on task and encourage him not to quit.  Things like this have done so much for his confidence.  He's 10.

Those are great pictures.  Congratulations to all you proud parents Smile
                      Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
                      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

All great photos. We've put on a couple kids triathlons in my area, and I really enjoy them. At the most recent one, it was great to see kids cheering each other, and several of the already finished ones went out and ran in with the last couple finishers.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wish I could get my son interested in ANY races...he did a little kids' bike race a bit over a year ago, but they didn't do the race this year and he has NO interest in running (a shame, since he has the perfect little runner's build and energy to spare).  I love seeing kids doing something healthy and having a blast.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay