Swim Bike Run

Just bragging - Colonial Beach Sprint (Read 222 times)

Just my 3rd Tri, second OWS and I finally got my first AG award!

Colonial Beach was a pretty small event so there wasn't a lot of competition but I'm happy about it anyway.  I finished 17th overall (out of 164) and 2nd in my AG (out of 16).  I set PR's in each of the events and was the 2nd fastest of anybody in the transitions, just 1:47 for both transitions.  The only minor problem was when I wrecked my bike on the first good corner about 5 miles into the ride.  I got some good battle scars and lost about a minute putting myself and my bike back together.

I had posted my frustrations with my first OWS on this forum just a little while ago and I could not be happier with the results of this one.  There was just as much contact during this swim as my first swim but I was much more prepared for it.  I was able to keep my form the whole swim and I felt very comfortable even when people were hitting me pretty hard.  Now I just need to work on my speed!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is HUGE progress!  You should definitely be proud of that...even wrecking your bike and you still rocked that race! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

CONGRATS!!!! nice progress!!!

(what's OWS?)

CONGRATS!!!! nice progress!!!

(what's OWS?)

Open Water Swim

nice race

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

The voice of mile 18

that is awesome congrats!

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Nice job!

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'