Swim Bike Run

Where has everybody gone?!? (Read 191 times)

Season is over, but it ended abruptly in September.  No posts since then.

Anybody here still?

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Here

Just swimmin, bikin on the trainer and runnin. Nothing exciting except some new components for the bike and a Fluid 2 trainer.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

jdais

Took a few weeks off and just started to ramp up base training.  Haven't planned any races yet for next year. HM in the spring, a few sprints in the summer, and a HIM in August

Swim , Bike, and Run A LOT

Lurking mostly, just signed up for TImberman for next year since the price was going up. Only running at the moment and ran 2 marathons this Fall and have one more next weekend but will start swimming soon. Went to a few Masters Swim Classes this past Fall and WOW. Wanna go consistently as I think it will make a huge difference with swimming.

BexKix, Bagel Defender

Newbie lurker, here.  I'm a runner/swimmer turned triathlete wannabe.  RIght now nursing some ITBS that's angry again.  Boo.

hairshirt knitter

Yup, here. Base training - snow on the ground today, so 2.5 hours of sufferfest indoors riding followed by a wee 4k run at pace, in the pitch dark, in minus umpteen temps. Short bike and 20k run planned for tomorrow. Only manage one swim per week over the winter.

Signed up for EPIC Dartmouth (iron distance) on June 30 - excited about return to IM racing http://epicdartmouth.com/ volunteered last year for the inaugural event - epic!

Slowly getting more structure for 2013 here.

xhristopher

I'm hibernating. I hope to come out of my run cave next spring.

I haven't swam since August 19th and don't feel that bad about. Fortunately I can't get much slower. Unfortunately I won't get much faster.

I've got no idea what I want to do next summer. I'll figure it out later.

I haven't swam since August 19th and don't feel that bad about. 

Come the evening after your next swim, you might feel bad about that decision.

By lap 15, you'll swear you won't ever take 3 1/2 months off from swimming ever again.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Season is over, but it ended abruptly in September.  No posts since then.

Anybody here still?

Lurking....

by the way.... did I mention I still have your bike? Joking

2017 Goals
                      1) Run more than 231 miles
                      2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

xhristopher

Come the evening after your next swim, you might feel bad about that decision.

By lap 15, you'll swear you won't ever take 3 1/2 months off from swimming ever again.

I'll try to remember to report how it goes. It won't be as rough as my last swim at Timberman, which went something like this.

Right now I'm trying to pour on the running and get to 2000 miles by the end of the year. Then I'll taper for the Disney half. Perhaps that will be a good time for a swim.