Swim Bike Run

Kona (Read 324 times)

Anyone else excited about Kona this weekend? Looking forward to catching some of the live stream online. Also on Universal Sports all week they have been replaying the previous years Wold Championships. I never get bored watching them.

I love watching it live.  In the morning, watch it on universal sports online, put it on the TV, and go throughout your day.  Wow!  It's crazy how you can go through your afternoon and evening, and watch the exertion and effort.  It's a great sport! 

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

I'm over here now.  Not racing this year, spectating, bike sherpa and generally support playing the support role.  Mrs. T-Bone is racing this year.  It is hot and humid.  It rained last night and now the pavement is drying and I am sweating sitting here typing.  We have to check in Eve's bike at noon today then she will chill at the condo and I'll take the kids to the beach.  Her number is 827, Eve Nelson, W45-49.  She qualified at Canada with an 11:06.  Last time she did Kona was 2009 and she did like 12:30.  She is hoping to beat that.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

I'm over here now.  Not racing this year, spectating, bike sherpa and generally support playing the support role.  Mrs. T-Bone is racing this year.  It is hot and humid.  It rained last night and now the pavement is drying and I am sweating sitting here typing.  We have to check in Eve's bike at noon today then she will chill at the condo and I'll take the kids to the beach.  Her number is 827, Eve Nelson, W45-49.  She qualified at Canada with an 11:06.  Last time she did Kona was 2009 and she did like 12:30.  She is hoping to beat that.

Great to hear from you stranger. 

Some day soon, give us an update on your training.

Glad you updated before the race.  I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the day tomorrow, and keeping track of Mrs. T-Bone.

Cheers,

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, Troy, I didn't know your wife was an IMer, too.  Are you both ever able to train for and compete in races at the same time?  Good luck to her--can't wait to hear how she does!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Good luck to Eve and I'm try to follow along. Have a safe flight back.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

BOOM!

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Slo

BOOM!

And so the day begins!

Go Mrs. T-Bone !

2nd favorite day of the year behind boston, go mrs. t-bone

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mrs. T-Bone is pretty zippy, too!  Go, Eve!

~ Sarah Kay

Mrs. T-Bone is pretty zippy, too!  Go, Eve!

Fastest Nelson (Nielsen, Nilsson) out of the water at Kona, very cool

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

She's doing so well...and in the home stretch!  C'mon, Eve--keep kicking ass!

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

11:19:17 - beautiful!  Rest well, now...and celebrate a strong finish!  Give your wife a hug for us, Troy. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Muebele

11:19:17 - beautiful!  Rest well, now...and celebrate a strong finish!  Give your wife a hug for us, Troy. Smile

DAMN!  Congrats

I am putting my money down now.... your kids are going win Kona someday!