Swim Bike Run

5000 miles in the saddle in 2011? (Read 209 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Look, there is a group for that! Big grin

Hubby just told me about this today.  I'm not anticipating this kind of mileage, yet, but it's not far above my goal.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Good luck Zoom-zoom

I like running too much and stink at swimming (hence I need to work on it more) to put in that much cycling

But just got some zipp 404s so that should make me faster............right?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You could always try duathlons.  I have 0 interest in swimming events and don't have access to a public pool any closer than 25 minutes away, so tris hold no appeal for me.

~ Sarah Kay

Yup, have one already that I signed up for. Only problem is that its 2 weeks after Boston so not expecting much.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yup, have one already that I signed up for. Only problem is that its 2 weeks after Boston so not expecting much.

Ooh...owie.  Maybe the bike leg won't be too awful, but I'll bet the run legs are a little painful.  That's a fun way to come down from the Boston high, though. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Muebele

Although I need to put in some serious miles on the bike this year, there is no way I would hit that number.  I am just starting to ride on the indoor trainer while waiting for it to stop snowing in PA. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Although I need to put in some serious miles on the bike this year, there is no way I would hit that number.  I am just starting to ride on the indoor trainer while waiting for it to stop snowing in PA. 

I've got 638, already...I think ~500 of those are on the trainer.  Miserable miles...

~ Sarah Kay