UK Ultra Runners

Informal Thames Path run June 22nd 45-55km Oxford area (Read 5 times)

TheGazelle

I am calling this the "Trout-to-Trout". We will meet early on the Saturday morning at The Trout Inn, Wolvercote and follow the Thames Path tending Westwards, with the turnaround point being The Trout Inn at Tadpole Bridge, Buckland Marsh.

I am coming over to England from Australia in June and running 'Race to the Stones' in July.

I will be doing a couple (possibly back-to-back) of longish runs in the UK late June before I begin to taper off for the Stones race. This is one of them (the other may be the next day, possibly along the Ridgeway. Will work it out later. 

In the spirit of such things, I'm putting out an open invite.

This is an early call, obviously, but thought I'd test the waters and put it out there. Always nice to meet new people and chat while trotting through the countryside.

TheGazelle

Whoops! Issues with email verification step turned out to be spurious. Apologies for the multi-post. I am not a bot.

Sounds interesting, I will be running The Grand Union Canal Race on 25th May (145 miles) so may be OK but will be assisting as a Sweeper in A race of 35 miles the week before this so may be well and truly knackered. Let me see how I feel in June

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

TheGazelle

Thanks for your interest, Jerry.

Jeez - sounds like you will have some serious mileage in those legs!! Good luck for the Canal run!

I will bump this up closer to the date.

angusquinton

Hi all,

It seems like a perfect place to post but sorry for the irrelevant response which doesn't have anything to do with the Thames Path run. But it's perfect in the sense that it is linked with my questionnaire and dissertation...

Sorry if it's totally irrelevant but I was just wondering if people could do me a huge favor and please fill in a quick 2 minute questionnaire on the motivations for participation in long distance running. It is for a university thesis so it would be a huge help for the research.

I'm a student at Sheffield Hallam University and very much into ultra races. I've been working alongside RacingThePlanet, an ultra-marathon company based in Hong Kong. I have been out to there events in Iceland and the Gobi Desert and would highly recommend their 4Deserts events series.

The survey is looking for ultra runners. The current literature linked with participation and the motivations provide analytical views and studies on the concept of class/cultural/social and economic aspects related to running. 

http://kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=ryy0vpj2jkr65yz326463&refer=

(Sorry for spam posting! But just thought from reading the thread members would be the perfect group to target)

Confidentiality is assured. Thank you in advance!