UK Ultra Runners

I am sooooooo tempted (Read 637 times)

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Into the wild

Hmm

Shut up and run

Hmm

I remember pegging up via Miners a couple of years ago and that was pretty tough with (if memory serves me right) a 2 hour up and back ( with coffe/pie break in addition) but to do it for 24 hours is just probabaly a little too tough

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

Is it carrying weight? I remember Mike's record involved a 40lb pack.

Is it carrying weight? I remember Mike's record involved a 40lb pack.

Apparently you can if you want to, if you are to attempt it your backpack will be weighed at the top of the mountain on each ascent

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

Thanks. Just got a message from Mike saying the same thing. You only really need to carry weight if you are going to attempt to break his World Record (!) - otherwise you are well covered by the aid stations. Still think it would be prudent to carry a few safety items though. You serious about this Jerry? I might consider it depending on how the legs feel after pbville.

Thanks. Just got a message from Mike saying the same thing. You only really need to carry weight if you are going to attempt to break his World Record (!) - otherwise you are well covered by the aid stations. Still think it would be prudent to carry a few safety items though. You serious about this Jerry? I might consider it depending on how the legs feel after pbville.

I am very tempted but my legs are just not "hill-trained" at the moment and will be wrecked after just a few ascents.....let me chat with Mrs S.

You are right, I would not undertake this without the minimum of safety kit

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

I am contemplating the "weight" option. But it is a long time since I've done that. 10 years ago carrying a 40lb pack up and down Snowdon would have been a cinch. Now? Eurghh. 40lb is heavy after an hour on the flat. I dread to think what it would feel like on the 2nd/3rd/4th ascent.

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

would it be just as "simple" (!) to do the BGR in 24 hours......

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/

would it be just as "simple" (!) to do the BGR in 24 hours......

Sod BGR....you don't get a nice cafe at the top of each hill with coffee and meat pies on tap Big grin

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

I might give this a go I think. Getting permission is another matter..... any advice Jerry? Wink

I might give this a go I think. Getting permission is another matter..... any advice Jerry? Wink

Got to fend for yourself on that one Tom......I have enough problems as it is Big grin

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

Got to fend for yourself on that one Tom......I have enough problems as it is Big grin

Bugger. I thought you might have the magic formula worked out by now. Wink

Into the wild

Nutters. I'll go if you do. I'll be looking at the 'lite' option.

Shut up and run