UK Ultra Runners

Jubilee 100 (Read 452 times)

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

Chaps. I am looking at making this my first 100 miler.....or at least I think I am.

LDWA Annual 100 miler. Bank Holiday at the beginning of June and will be a linear event from near the Olympic Stadium in Hackney via several Olympic sites to finish in Windsor.

I have heard it goes from Olympic park down to Royal Artillery, The Dome, Greenwich Park and as far as i am aware, joins the green belt relay route near to keston and then onto the NDW, Surrey Hills including Box Hill, Guildford, Woking then into Weybridge, egham and Windsor.

As i sit here and write this it probably goes within a few miles of my own, Jezza's and Immune's doorsteps. Seen as I am lagging behind owing to the broken leg (although I am fine after my 50k fairlands valley this weekend) I would like this to be my first 100......and it is a double bank holiday!

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/
    ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

although on that weekend I have found something even more awesome! perhaps a step to far.....or relish the challenge?!

http://www.ultrarunning.uk.com/Events/Severn_Challenge/index.html

lets go to work!

Rob

Firstly sorry about hot being able to do last weekend, all my Ultra Passes were used up and I had to do family stuff.

I definitely want to do pass the 100 mile mark before I retire from the longer events sometime in 2035 but I have to be mindful that I may be helping out in the Olympics and there is a lot of preparation during the preceding months to the big event.

As for multiday events I can safely say no...sorrySad

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

although on that weekend I have found something even more awesome! perhaps a step to far.....or relish the challenge?!

http://www.ultrarunning.uk.com/Events/Severn_Challenge/index.html

lets go to work!

Oh yes, this is on my radar for next year. Looks tough (i.e gets me interested), and is a serious amount of distance to cover per day/overall.

Don't think we would need to change our training too much maybe do a few back / to back / to back runs here and there, and possibly a little

more weekly mileage in the peak weeks than normal (poss 100mile weeks instead of 85ish) due to the b2b2b runs.

Don't know if I can get a pass for a whole 5 days, but would be an event that I would do to raise funds for my chosen charity, as it
          is a BIGGY. Multidays may/may not be the new black, why smash yourslef up on only one day when you can do it for days in a row!!!!!!

PB's

1mile: 5:36 - 20/06/2012 - Arethusa Mile (Bushy Park)

5K: 18:55 - 24/07/11 - Bushy Park

10K: 39:15 - 19/03/11 - 2nd 10k of below race

Half Mara: 1:26.50 - 19/03/11 - Dorney Lake 1:26.50)

Mara: 3:12.50 - 04/062012 - Kent Roadrunner

50k (Trail): 4:34.37 - 12/08/2012 - Salisbury 54321

50miles (Trail): 7:27.43 - 04/02/2012 - Thames Trot 50

100miles (Trail): 22:14.10 - 03/03/2012 - Thamespath 100 (102miles)

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

the only issue I have with the 5 day is that I have to go back to a very very busy 2 weeks of work and I am not sure that my body would cope with having to get up on tuesday morning having run 215 miles over the weekend! Or am I making excuses. I still want to get the 100 in as I am not there yet. In fact......who is officially 100+ out of you lot? The idea of the Jubilee is great as it is on the doorstep and would keep costs down and would be no mean feat on its own. I have a few from my running club who are going to run with me as it is so close.

Out of the main 5 who contribute here I am not sure any of us have an "Official" course measured 100+ apart from George with his monumentous 145 at GUCR but David is commended as being the only unofficial Centurion in which the Pedestrianist Society quotes as doing 100 miles in under 24 hours.

Tom also gets a mention with 90+ but was well on for 120-140 miles at Tooting Track if it hadn't been for his horrific stomach problems but I expect big things from him at Leadville this year.

If I am to be frank I will only attempt 100 miles by myself utilising a pacer/mule at a later stage in the event or do it on a track where I would comfortably pass it

Jerry

Bonus

UltraBobban, the Thames Path 100 might be a good one for you... it's in March. By the way, you've got no mention on your blog of my ultrarunning calender/training resource site. Unbelievable! Smile Well done for last Sunday.

Actually Bonus....Thames path 100 is on my Running RADAR as it is a great run so that is a very good option

Jerry

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

March might be OK, seen as i have gone from 0-35 miles in as many days Wink

I tend to want the longer ones nearer to my holiday time as recovery is a real issue with a 60+ hour week at work to follow relentlessly. I might look at the Thames Path then.

On another note, I feel that i can contribute a bit more now that i am back to running ultras, albeit shorter ones. btw, I am down at the Downland Ultra this weekend if anyone is about? be nice to the wives and earn those passes please

Bonus

UltraBobban, please say hello to Elaine Battson for me... I ran the SDWR with her two weeks ago and was proud to cross the line with her for her first hundred finish.

Bonus....just realised who you are Big grin

Jerry

Sounds like a terrific event - The Severn but again multi days are out for me.

Got TP100 provisionally on 2012 agenda depending on how TR24 goes in 10 days time.

Anyone got much planned Sept-Oct this year?

Sounds like a terrific event - The Severn but again multi days are out for me.

Got TP100 provisionally on 2012 agenda depending on how TR24 goes in 10 days time.

Well the secret is out and I have entered the Thames Path 100 for March 2012 thanks to Bonus for reminding me. Just as a caveat, I will be wanting to run this one by myself and will be happy to shake your hands at the start, during and at the end but this one is for me and at my own pace....sod the time as long as I get to the end

If anyone wants to get a 50 miler out of it and can't commit to the 100 I am up for company from the 50 mile mark and the night.....race rules are that you can't a mule for me but I it would be great to have someone I know to talk shit with for 50 miles Smile

Jerry

Richard,

Are you alluding to Norfolk  in October? Cool

1. I love 100km,
                              2. this is the second year so any (if any) issues from 2010 will have been ironed out,
                              3. it's flat (is that  good thing?)

This is not "officially" planned in at the moment but a good end of season option

Jerry

Are you alluding to Norfolk  in October? Cool

Could be  Smile

Just looking at options at the moment.