UK Ultra Runners

19th Blackwater Challenge (Read 238 times)

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

I'm running an LDWA event on saturday 29th October in Essex if anyone is about. It all seems to have gone quiet lately!

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/
      Rob, I have organised a Night Run that evening, 5 miles cross country to the pub, quick pint then 5 miles back to finish off at another pub for a pint or two. Jury is out on Gatliff at the moment as I have been asked to buddy up with a club mate to do the 40 mile Brecon Beacons ultra on 3rd December (may contain nuts) and just getting go ahead from Jill

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

Would have been up for this but missed postal entry :-(

Open to other suggestions?

Hot off the Press, I will be running the ULTRA BRECON 40 (WINTER) as Jill has given me the go ahead and will give me a great excuse to get those Waverider Harriers I have been dreaming of for the past year Big grin

Jerry
          A runners blog-updated daily

nice one sir. That will be a great day out.

Early Xmas present there Smile

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

Good luck with Brecon. That will be a tough one. Pen-y-fan and Fan-y-big (I kid you not!) were a hard walk a couple of years ago......hats off to you Jezza.

I hear Matt Biggin is organising a run on 27th November...Frozen Fat Ass 50k. Sounds interesting and I haven't hooked up with Mr UltraFlynn himself since he sped off at something sub 7.30s for the last 2 miles of the Downland Ultra last year! The fella looks to be doing well for himself.  The only thing is it clashes with Gatliff........which is on my to-do list for the end of 2011.

I am thinking hard about doing the C 2C next year at perhaps easter time. Any thoughts on this or any interst in running it and using the sherpa service to carry bags to hotels along the route. I hear the beer is very good up in the North at the end of each day?!

I've applied for the Games 100 LDWA event for June, although you need to have at least a 50 in the bag this year and I haven't done anything over 50k this year because of the broken leg!!

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/