Windy City Runners

Monthlies - May (Read 23 times)

harrylee773

Mr. Forumite of the Year

Nice job on the AG placement, roxie!

If anyone is looking for a cheap 8k (really, who isn't?) the Paws Run for Their Lives 8k is on Groupon right now for $17.50. I actually signed up for this a few weeks ago, because I don't even know why, so I'll be the guy that paid twice as much as most people did. I've never run this race before so I can't really say how well run it is or anything like that, but for the cost, it'd have to suck pretty hard to not be worth it.

harrylee, harrylee, harrylee, harrylee- life is but a dream.

BuckeyeNurse

Hey-How did you know about that?  Joking  Yes, I had a 50 mile trail race up in Wisconsin.  Nice trails, great race.  It took me just over 9 hours to finish it.  Kettle Moraine is next up for me, in two weeks.

I have always wanted to do the run for the zoo.  I registered one year but hurt my knee.  Let me know how it is.  I love Lincoln Park Zoo.

Oh no, I exposed myself as a lurker on the RWOL Chicago forum!  Whoops. Big grin  Congratulations!  How long does it take to get up there from here?

Congratulations, Amanda!  That's amazing!  How did all those hills feel after running in flat Chicago?  I'm moving to western Massachusetts for the summer to work as a camp nurse, and I'm a little nervous that the hills will be a major shock for my legs!  When is Leadville?

Thanks for all the feedback on the Zoo 10K!  I think as long as the weather doesn't look awful, I'll go for it!  Online registration is closed, so I can just play it by ear and register the day of (when I'm imagining I'll have to be there at 5 AM  anyways to try to find parking...)

Duke of the Internet

Oh no, I exposed myself as a lurker on the RWOL Chicago forum!  Whoops. Big grin  Congratulations!  How long does it take to get up there from here?

Congratulations, Amanda!  That's amazing!  How did all those hills feel after running in flat Chicago?  I'm moving to western Massachusetts for the summer to work as a camp nurse, and I'm a little nervous that the hills will be a major shock for my legs!  When is Leadville?

Thanks for all the feedback on the Zoo 10K!  I think as long as the weather doesn't look awful, I'll go for it!  Online registration is closed, so I can just play it by ear and register the day of (when I'm imagining I'll have to be there at 5 AM  anyways to try to find parking...)

Too funny!  There are so many lurkers over there.  It's only about 2 hours to the trailhead.  Not a big deal normally (except for 6am races).  So we needed to get a hotel.  The trails are awesome!