Windy City Runners

Weeklies Jan 7th- 13th (Read 244 times)

Trail Dog

And I am getting ready to pull the trigger on registration for the Wisconsin Marathon. I love that they have remote packet pickup. The Chicago location is just a few miles from my house. They get big points for that. Smile

MTA: Registration fees increase Wednesday!

September 15 – January 8:
    Half Marathon: $49
    Marathon: $69
    Family Fitness Walk presented by Jockey: $15

January 9 - March 15:
    Half Marathon: $54
    Marathon: $74

March 16 - April 25:
    Half Marathon: $59
    Marathon: $79

Packet pick up (in person- dates and locations TBD):
    Half Marathon: $70
    Marathon: $90

TennisKid1192

Kevin

3.14 miles.

It's really nice out this week. I went after dark and it was still nice! I bought myself some new running gear this weekend, so I got to break that in today too =D

2013 Goals: 1000 Miles | 5k: Sub 25 | HM: Sub 2:00 | 1 Race/Month 

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

Do you have anything coming up in the spring?  You could just slack off till say April.

When do the beach runs start?  I need to hook up with you high fliers.  I'm doing my long run Saturday this week as I'm volunteering Sunday.  Saturday has shorts written all over it!

I'm just going to take it easy.  No serious workouts.  Maybe stretch it to 15 mpw.

Note that we are heading to the Arboretum this weekend (you probably saw that via the mailing list) so my bet is that the following week we'll hit  Fort Sheridan.  Need to get those hills in (all easy pace of course).  Some of the group are already doing Friday tempo runs around the FS loop.

@TennisKid - 21?  Enjoy it!

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

TennisKid1192

Kevin

Hahah... thanks... but not yes.

Sharz96

3.1 miles, easy, 24F.  I'm so looking forward to the warmer temps this week.

Roxie, I've intended to get the CWX tights for years -- as soon as I get down to my goal weight.  I have several of the more pricey pieces set aside as rewards for when I get there.

Duke of the Internet

I'm just going to take it easy.  No serious workouts.  Maybe stretch it to 15 mpw.

Note that we are heading to the Arboretum this weekend (you probably saw that via the mailing list) so my bet is that the following week we'll hit  Fort Sheridan.  Need to get those hills in (all easy pace of course).  Some of the group are already doing Friday tempo runs around the FS loop.

I saw the Arboretum post.  I would have gone but we are going up north for a race on Sunday.  I'm in for FS next weekend if you go.  Let me know the details.

Trail Dog

TennisKid, my 21st birthday was many years ago. But I still remember the festivities (aka, pub crawl in downtown Blacksburg, VA). Enjoy!

Sharz, I love how the CWX tights compress everything so tightly. I've had various issues with my IT band and hamstrings over the years, and I swear the CWX help. In fact, if the weather is even borderline (40s-50s) I will go with my capri length CWX over shorts. Good luck with your weight loss goals! I was quite overweight in the early 2000s, and dropped 50 pounds through Weight Watchers and running and other cardio. Watching calories was definitely the most important component, and I need to start doing that again after Frozen Gnome this weekend.

Sharz96

Roxie, I know well that watching calories is the key, as far as weight loss goes.  One can cancel out a week's worth of running calorie burn in one meal and desert, if I you don't pay attention.  I did reasonably well over the holidays.  This morning, I'm exactly what I was before Thanksgiving. I've done this before, I just need to get back into those habits again, and finish the job this time.

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

9.5 crappy miles.  Picked it after 4 or so miles but the ole legs weren't moving very fast.  Seem to be lacking a spark for these early morning runs.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

Note that we are heading to the Arboretum this weekend

As in the Morton Aroboretum?  I know there are several running groups that run there on w/e's.  Parking lot is usually lined with cars that have all the various running stickers/magnets.

I really, really wanted to do the F^3 half this year, but will be out of town, so scheduled the Polar Dash instead.  I think this is only the 2nd year for this race - the course is pretty unoriginal (half the races in Chicago seem to do the same route on the lakefront), but it's nice to have race options in January.

I was looking at either one of these as an option for a January Half.  I wanted to do a half in January/early February as I didn't want to interrupt later marathon training for Boston.  However, because of the uncertainty in weather (cold and wind), I chose to abandon both and risk the heat in Miami (Jan 27) instead.  I don't mind the cold but the wind is not fun and when I'm actually trying to race a half, I didn't want to risk it.  I'm curious to hear how they go though as it may be a good option for other years.

TennisKid1192

Kevin

4 miles for me tonight. Felt pretty good, definitely went slower this time =]

Trail Dog

Power hiking/running session on the treadmill - 6 miles alternating 1/2 mile of fast walking at 12% incline with 1/2 mile of running.

I'm almost over the cold I picked up over the weekend. Just a light cough left, hopefully it completely clears before this weekend's race.

Sharz96

3 miles, easy. 34F.  Yes!  Windy, but I'll take that temp.

Duke of the Internet

3 miles, easy. 34F.  Yes!  Windy, but I'll take that temp.

45 degress today.  So exciting!!