Windy City Runners

Weeklies Jan 28th- Feb 3rd (Read 18 times)

Duke of the Internet

Looks like Tuesday is going to be 58 degrees.  I would love to just take the day off of work and run.  Unfortunately, taking a day off of week at the last minute (without a death in family) is crazy.  I love my job (most days) but this is one of parts I don't love "as much":  I can see the discussion already.

Boss:  You want to take tomorrow off to run all day?

Me:  Yes, it's going to 58 degrees.  How awesome is that!!

Boss:  Can't you just run in the gym?

Me:  Yes, but I would prefer to run outside in the nice weather!

Boss:  58 degrees and rain is not nice weather.

Me:  It's great running weather

Boss:  Running in the cold rain is your idea of fun?

This is the point I surrender and decide to come to work.  Ahem.  Please tell me someone here has a good run planned for Tuesday!

Kalsarikännit

Sigh. I told my boss I was going to be sick on Tues. they don't believe me. I haven't called in sick to the last three jobs I've had spanning nine years. Of course I don't have sick days, so no work=no money. Looks like I will be at work tomorrow  Big grin

On the bright side, I ran in shorts this morning!  It was awesome.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trail Dog

I will most definitely be outdoors on Tuesday, running in shorts! Luckily for me (and the dog) it is just an easy run day so I can take my time and enjoy the weather. Smile

WG, are you running John Dick this weekend?

Kalsarikännit

WG, are you running John Dick this weekend?

I wish!  I hear such great things about that race. I am carless, which is great for living in the city, but can limit the races in the burbs and Wisconsin. Plus I am trying to put in good training and not race all the time. Racing is addictive!  Big grin

Are you doing it?  If you are, I would love a full race report!

Trail Dog

Yep, we are going. I'm just using it as a training run but will give you a full report. I've heard so many great things about the race, and for the price ($10) it is hard to justify not going. I really really wish I could be without a car, but I'm not quite close enough to all the great transit options you have downtown. I will let you know when I'm racing in WI or other parts of IL, and you could always catch a ride. I'm in Evanston, so it would be easy to pick you up at the Howard L station.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Planned short run as a warm up for tomorrow's 60's.  Gave up at Glenview Road and kept on going to NTW.  Felt great all the way.  Now what if it really is nice tomorrow?  Might have to stop at Hackney's  !!!!

Kalsarikännit

I will let you know when I'm racing in WI or other parts of IL, and you could always catch a ride. I'm in Evanston, so it would be easy to pick you up at the Howard L station.

What a super nice offer!  I am right off of the red line (at Argyle), so that is perfect.  I think I may try to borrow a car to head up to Wisconsin to volunteer at the Ice Age 50. That is a heck of a fun day running or otherwise.

Have a fun day at Crusty!

Sharz96

Wow, 48 degrees for this morning, and 51 by the time I got back. 4 miles, and that put me at 100.5 for the month, and it's not over yet.

Ice Age 50 ... funny thing, last year's race, we were up on the Ice Age Trail with full packs, practicing for our Isle Royale backpacking trip.  Had no idea there was race there that weekend until we saw the race signs.  I saw two runners, but they weren't wearing race bibs, so I suspect they were just regular weekend trailrunners.

I don't know if I'll ever do a 50 miler.  But if I did, it would be that one.

anneb

I don't know if I'll ever cross over to ultra's but there is now a half too for Ice Age - I know its sold out for this year.

I couldn't drag myself out of bed this morning and I may have missed my chance for a run in the 60's...for awhile anyway. I guess we'll see what it looks like around 6 tonight...whether or not it storms.

Anne

harrylee773

Mr. Forumite of the Year

We have clients visiting the office today, but that might not be enough to stop me from getting a run in at lunch and working from home the rest of the day. I could run in this all year long.

harrylee, harrylee, harrylee, harrylee- life is but a dream.

Duke of the Internet

What a super nice offer!  I am right off of the red line (at Argyle), so that is perfect.  I think I may try to borrow a car to head up to Wisconsin to volunteer at the Ice Age 50. That is a heck of a fun day running or otherwise.

Have a fun day at Crusty!

We are volunteering at Ice Age.  We are already signed up but don't have our assignment yet.  However, fairly certain it will be at an aid station.  Very fun!!

Duke of the Internet

I wish!  I hear such great things about that race. I am carless, which is great for living in the city, but can limit the races in the burbs and Wisconsin. Plus I am trying to put in good training and not race all the time. Racing is addictive!  Big grin

Are you doing it?  If you are, I would love a full race report!

Looks like Kettle is getting 3-5 inches of snow today.  John Dick might be a snowy run. 

Sharz96

I cancelled my run this AM.  Good steady rain at 35 degrees is a no-go. Sad   And then by tomorrow it's going to be single digits again, with 20 mph wind and a "feels like" -10.  Double Sad  I doubt I'll manage the five miles I planned.  This was supposed to be a cutback week, anyway, so I guess it will just be cut farther than I intended.

Trail Dog

So much for thinking we'd have a nice frozen dirt surface to run on... But it will be fun. AND we can pick up some Spotted Cow while we are up there.

Today was 4x1 mile reps at 10k effort with 1 mile recoveries. I haven't done mile reps in awhile, it was fun. Smile

Looks like Kettle is getting 3-5 inches of snow today.  John Dick might be a snowy run. 

harrylee773

Mr. Forumite of the Year

Spotted Cow is one of the main reasons I race in WI. Have fun up there!

I forgot to return my work running shoes to work after my trip to TX, so my lunch run yesterday was a fail. Thankfully, there was a major downpour when I got home and I was able to do 5 miles in it after work. Running in the rain is the best.

harrylee, harrylee, harrylee, harrylee- life is but a dream.