Windy City Runners

Weeklies Dec 31 - Jan 6 (Read 190 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4 miles at Weber Park track to end year at 1,000 miles.

TennisKid1192

Kevin

Jerry: Great job!!! I'd like to think that I could run 1000 in 2013, but I've set my goal at 500 for now. We'll see where I am halfway through the year =]

Ran 2.5 today. Kind of fun cuz I ran to Jewel to deposit a check at TCF, then ran home haha. In other news, I shipped my Garmin FR10 to my old dorm... so that won't get here for a while =P. Luckily, Amazon's awesome Customer Service is just sending it back to them so I can reorder it and get it in a couple of days!

Still trying to decide if I want to run that 5k tomorrow in LP. I'd have to get up/there early to do race-day reg. We'll see how I feel.

Everyone have a great NYE!

2013 Goals: 1000 Miles | 5k: Sub 25 | HM: Sub 2:00 | 1 Race/Month 

anneb

It wasn't even that cold today, but I opted for an easy treadmill run anyways. I think I may get used to that! 1455 miles on the year, so most for me since 2009.

Hope everyone has a nice NYE! Smile

Anne

Duke of the Internet

Kevin-Go for the 5K.  It will be fun.  I'm surprised you aren't going out for New years.

Jerry-Congrats on the 1,000 miles.  I assume that is a PR for you?  Nice round number.  That will ne easy to remember.

Anne-I don't blame you.  I ran on the treadmill yesterday.  I don't mind the cold but I miss the sun this time of the year.  Congrats on almost 1,500 miles.  Impressive!!

I finished the year at 2,724 miles.  That's a PR for me.  I was just happy to be healthy all year.  That's all I want for 2013.  365 days of being injury free.

harrylee773

Mr. Forumite of the Year

Finished the year with a rest day, my favorite. I broke 6,000 miles all time with my run on Sunday, so even though I ended the year 7 miles short of 1,500, I'm okay with it. Running (but not racing) the NYD5k at the zoo tomorrow, my goal will be to not freeze and get home in time for the bowl games. Happy New Year gang.

harrylee, harrylee, harrylee, harrylee- life is but a dream.

BuckeyeNurse

Happy New Year, everyone!  I've been wimping out and doing all my runs on the TM at my parents' house in Ohio while I'm here visiting.  It will be a rude awakening when I return to Chicago on Friday and have to suck it up and run outside.  Today is my first day of Pfitz 18/55 for the Wisconsin Marathon in May.

I finished the year at 2087 miles.  I always think it's fun to look up an equivalent point-to-point trip for my yearly miles- 2087 would take me from Chicago to Seattle!

Congratulations on all the new yearly/lifetime mileage achievements, and best wishes for a happy and healthy 2013!

Trail Dog

Buckeyenurse, I am also considering the Wisconsin marathon. It's a toss-up with the Illinois Marathon the weekend before.

I finished the year with 1947.7 miles. I thought for sure I would break 2000, but had a few low mileage weeks with some tendonitis leading up to the Chicago Marathon (which I decided to DNS).

BuckeyeNurse

RoxieRuns- I would have preferred the Illinois Marathon, but with no race-day packet pickup, I didn't want to have to pay for a hotel the night before. Wisconsin has a pickup in Skokie in April, and is close enough for me to drive up the morning of the race. I've never run a smaller marathon, so it'll be a nice change of pace I'm hoping!
                  TennisKid1192

Kevin

Just finished the 5k, I'll put a RR up soon. But just saw a discussion about the Illinois Marathon, so I thought I would post! I go to school at Illinois so if you need someone to pick up your packet, I'm your man! =]

Also, I do have a really comfortable couch if anyone wants to crash on it! Idk if you'd want to the night before a marathon, but thought I'd offer it up anyway. My roomies and I tend to be on the cleaner side of the "college guy apartment cleanliness" spectrum.

2013 Goals: 1000 Miles | 5k: Sub 25 | HM: Sub 2:00 | 1 Race/Month 

Trail Dog

My thoughts as well - I would prefer Illinois based on race date and course (I worry about Kenosha being windy...), but really love that Wisconsin is a day trip (no hotel) with packet pickup in Skokie.

8 mile progression run today. On the treadmill. My usual outdoor running routes are not clear, so looks like most mid-week running will  be happening on the treadmill until we get a few warmer days to melt some of the paths...

RoxieRuns- I would have preferred the Illinois Marathon, but with no race-day packet pickup, I didn't want to have to pay for a hotel the night before. Wisconsin has a pickup in Skokie in April, and is close enough for me to drive up the morning of the race. I've never run a smaller marathon, so it'll be a nice change of pace I'm hoping!
                      Sharz96

3.7 miles, easy.  I really do like running in winter weather like today.  18 degrees, no wind, bright and sunny.  Not much colder than this, though!

My mileage for December was 79.2 and 509 for 2012.  Here's to 2013, and at least 1,200 miles.

Sharz96

2.25 in 13F this morning.  This would be the "not too much colder" I mentioned above.  I think 15 (no wind)  is about the limit of what I find enjoyable.

Duke of the Internet

2.25 in 13F this morning.  This would be the "not too much colder" I mentioned above.  I think 15 (no wind)  is about the limit of what I find enjoyable.

Nice job.  I couldn't even imagine going out in 13F in the dark.  Ughhhh.

Duke of the Internet

That's really awesome.  I didn't know they had a local packet up.  So smart on their part.

Trail Dog

Wow, I am impressed! I used to run in the early morning when I lived in Atlanta, but since moving to Chicago I've switched to afternoon running (mostly because I work from home now). Right now I am struggling to find someplace outside to run - we need a few days with high temperatures above freezing to clear the Channel Path. So today's easy run will be on the treadmill (usually reserved only for speedwork...). I suppose I could go to the indoor track at Weber Park, but I'm not sure how my uber-sensitive IT bands would feel about 7 miles of turns.