Windy City Runners

Weeklies 12/17-12/23 (Read 221 times)

Sharz96

First weather induced cancellation of a run in ... months.  37 degrees, raining pretty good, gusting winds.  Just a little warmer and only light rain, and I'd have given it a shot, but ... not this.

Trail Dog

Stay warm and dry everyone! I was supposed to run 9 at tempo yesterday, but got caught up in running errands yesterday (including buying a shovel - yikes!). So, I will run the tempo today. I will either shorten it or slow it down a bit, because I have a 50k Saturday.

anneb

Looks like an unplanned low(er) mileage week for me! I had a small cyst removed from my upper arm on Tuesday, and the Dr. said I should hold off running until the weekend (GASP!). Of course I took that to mean I can go out and jog around really slow without moving my arm much (which I did yesterday) but honestly it didn't feel so good. Nothing bad happened, it is all stitched up, but I guess I will hold off a couple of days, which won't be hard given the storm rolling in today. Smile

On another note, I am getting a treadmill for Christmas! When DH suggested it for the house (we have a basement now with a big TV, he'll use it too but me more) I was actually on the fence but I am looking forward to it now. Weather is getting icky and I do get sick of running in the dark every day. I will keep long runs outside (unless it's really icy/cold) but I think I'm going to get spoiled...and I may actually do some workouts now!

Anne

Duke of the Internet

Looks like an unplanned low(er) mileage week for me! I had a small cyst removed from my upper arm on Tuesday, and the Dr. said I should hold off running until the weekend (GASP!). Of course I took that to mean I can go out and jog around really slow without moving my arm much (which I did yesterday) but honestly it didn't feel so good. Nothing bad happened, it is all stitched up, but I guess I will hold off a couple of days, which won't be hard given the storm rolling in today. Smile

On another note, I am getting a treadmill for Christmas! When DH suggested it for the house (we have a basement now with a big TV, he'll use it too but me more) I was actually on the fence but I am looking forward to it now. Weather is getting icky and I do get sick of running in the dark every day. I will keep long runs outside (unless it's really icy/cold) but I think I'm going to get spoiled...and I may actually do some workouts now!

Gosh, I can't believe you even tried to run with stitches.  I would have been scared of pulling them out.  What kind of treadmill did you decided on?

Sharz96

2.7 miles, faster than tempo.  Picked up the pace trying to stay warm -- the wind was nasty.  Remnants of ice and snow on the streets, but not too bad. 

Anneb, good luck with a quick recovery, and take care of yourself! I can't believe you tried to "jog slowly", either. 

anneb

Lol, I guess it sounds dumb but I never had stitches before so I didn't have a clue. And it's not very big or anything and didn't seem like it should be very affected (by running). I was wrong... but it is feeling much better today.

On the treadmill front, I went with a Lifespan tr 4000i... I ran on a bunch of them and I liked how it felt, and I really like that it is a good sized 20X60 surface, but appears to be of a much 'smaller' scale than some of the machines in the price range of 1500-2000. Also considered the NordicTrack 1750, and tried out some more $$$ LifeFitness ones too for comparison. Just in time too Smile 

Anne

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

About 4 miles in 40 minutes at Niles PD Golfview Center on Caldwell.  Very quiet and cool there.  Good run.    Had to nudge some walkers out of the running lane, but they learn eventually.

Duke of the Internet

About 4 miles in 40 minutes at Niles PD Golfview Center on Caldwell.  Very quiet and cool there.  Good run.    Had to nudge some walkers out of the running lane, but they learn eventually.

Is this place free?  I'm assuming it's an indoor track?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Is this place free?  I'm assuming it's an indoor track?

No membership and it is free.  Just  go upstairs and you just have to sign in your name, age, city.  Bring a lock so you can use lockers. Run as long as you want.  It can get noisy if there are a lot of basketball games going on. Glenview and Skokie are also free.

Duke of the Internet

Lol, I guess it sounds dumb but I never had stitches before so I didn't have a clue. And it's not very big or anything and didn't seem like it should be very affected (by running). I was wrong... but it is feeling much better today.

On the treadmill front, I went with a Lifespan tr 4000i... I ran on a bunch of them and I liked how it felt, and I really like that it is a good sized 20X60 surface, but appears to be of a much 'smaller' scale than some of the machines in the price range of 1500-2000. Also considered the NordicTrack 1750, and tried out some more $$$ LifeFitness ones too for comparison. Just in time too Smile 

Thanks for the Treadmill advice.  I'm looking to pick one for the winter months,  So many options and features.  It can be overwhelming.

Sharz96

4.5 miles at my closest forest preserve.  I don't usually run on Saturdays, but with skipping Thurs due to the storm, I decided to.

TennisKid1192

Kevin

Hey ya'll. Just got new shoes! Well... an upgrade haha. Adrenaline GTS 13. About to go on a run to break them in =]

2013 Goals: 1000 Miles | 5k: Sub 25 | HM: Sub 2:00 | 1 Race/Month 

Sharz96

3.12 easy miles

Tenniskid:  I just got Adrenaline 13s two weeks ago.  As always, love them.

Now I'm contemplating getting the Gore-tex trail version, but I can't find even the ASRs anywhere to try them on and see how they're different.  And whether it seems like a difference worth paying that much more for.

TennisKid1192

Kevin

3.??? miles [My phone died in the middle... so cool]

Great run. Loved the shoes. My first run outside in a long time [We have access to treadmills in my apartment... and they always beckon for me]. Also my first run with my iPhone 5 using RunKeeper. Not as bad as I thought it would be. =]

2013 Goals: 1000 Miles | 5k: Sub 25 | HM: Sub 2:00 | 1 Race/Month