Whitefish High School

Snow and 12 degrees, It's winter!! (Read 137 times)

Brrr.  It's winter and I'm starting my build-up.  I ran at Bowdish this morning.  It's actually quite amazing that so many people use the trails at Bowdish. Anyone else getting some running in?

Jacob Fern

I really meant to, but for the past couple of weeks, things have been so busy... One of the reasons that I haven't been able to run was that most of my stuff was stolen while I was traveling to MT for Christmas.  I brought almost all of my running stuff, and someone broke into the car and stole everything.  But I really have no excuses.  The weather here is perfect for running (not to rub it in or anything). Before Christmas, I started doing some really cool runs up in the hills around San Jose.  There are actually a ton of really nice trails where you can go for a 15-20 mile run without looping back on the same trail.  And most of the time, there aren't all that many people (at least, once you get a mile or so out).  I really hope to get back into it this week, although it seems like there is stuff that I always have to do after work.  It just gets dark so early these days....

Now there's a thief that will be dressed properly to run from the law....

Enjoy the nice winter weather in San Jose.  It sounds like the way to run in the wintertime.

Jacob - you just don't have the luck!  How long are you in CA for?  I am asking waay early for a t-shirt design Smile  Wish we would have gotten to see you when you were home - when are you headed back this way?

Jacob Fern

I'll be here indefinitely... I just accepted a full time job offer, so even if I don't get into grad school this fall, I'll probably just keep working here.  I don't know when I'll be out there again... maybe in the summer, but I'm not really sure.  You guys were in Hawaii or something, right?  How was that?

I don't know how well I'll be able to design a shirt until I get another computer... But I'm sure I'll have one before running camp.