Whitefish High School

Someone, please, give me an update on Patrick McG. (Read 229 times)

What's Patrick up to. Last winter he went over 250 all by himself and improved from about 5:55 to 5:01. What's he up to this winter. I don't see him in here. Somebody needs to spread the word. Who's it going to be? Bill
      weell, he says he's run 100 mi, which is better than i've done so far. Don't know if he'll be joining this site though. He will be running with us I bet.
      Confidence and rashness are sides of a single coin. --The Cat
        Thanks for the update. I was hoping that he'd be doing a bit of running. Speaking of mileage goals. I want you to be careful when you start your program this winter. Here's a breakdown on how you can increase your weekly mileage and stay healthy. Now til monday - bonus miles Run them keep track of them. Week 1 Monday (Jan 22-28) 15 miles or 20 miles (one or the other) Week 2 20 miles or 25 Week 3 25 miles or 30 Week 4 30 miles or 35 Week 6 35 miles or 40 Week 7 40 miles or 45 total 165 miles or 195 miles That's 165 miles (or 195 miles) for the next 7 weeks plus whatever you run from now until then. I don't want you fighting for extra miles. I don't want you doing more than this. Less than this would be ok. Remember that easy is ok for the winter season. When you feel good, go longer. Some tempo stuff is fine, but let's save the fast stuff for the season. (That sounds familiar doesn't it.) Start using the log that's on this site, and make it public so I can see it. It will help to keep you rolling, and from doing to much. Bill
          Hey this is Pat. I finally figured out the password for this- tried everything from Pre to 'Everyonepayattentioncoachbrististryingtosaysomething' before michael told me what it is. Umm... Yeah. I have about a hundred miles in. I ran about thirty-forty back in december, then stopped, but started at three miles a week for the first week of the year and am now at something like five. But that takes a long time. I run in the mornings. I like running on ice- it makes you run faster and more steady. So I run everyday but sunday. I run around six miles on saturday. For the four morning miles i run a slow first and a hard two and three before a slow fourth. Before my watch broke i was really cruising on those middle miles with around 5:50 on each of them. Running in the morning when it's cold really really makes a body run faster. I don't have Internet so i won't be able to update everyday. i have to use school computers. Besides that, i hear that a group gets togethor every now and again. Updates, please. Can't wait for track season. My sister started training but i don't think she's running to far yet. I also got my dad started again OH! Bloomsday. We really should get a group togethor this year. I want to go sub forty-five this year. I know Fisher (Ronan) ran it in forty-one or something. I don't think it's too hard. I ran a fifty-two last year with a slow last mile. (like eight something) Okay.
            Pat, It's good to see that you made it into the group. I'd like you to go to the options link in the upper right on the screen and change your personal settings to it can be viewed. Also, go into your training log section and check the box that will allow that to be viewed as well. When you do that, your user name will appear in Blue rather than black. When you get a chance, try to input some of your mileage onto the log. That is the real bonus of the site. The training log is really sweet. As a matter of fact, if you can put your training on this site, plus convince Michael Harrison and Joseph Alexander to do the same, I will put together a group for Bloomsday this year. If it's big enough, we'll even try out the 15 passinger van. (of course, I'd have to be able to view the logs, ie. make it public.) I think you'll enjoy the Asics shoes. I bumped into a good deal from them so was able to put them at a very attractive price.
              haha way to bribe us bill... bloomsday would be sweet but doesnt it usually fall on the day of a semi-important track meet?
                so i just checked. bloomsday is the day after archie roe
                  I'm okay with that. Everyone will be running only one race at Archie Roe this year, so we can leave right from the meet heading through Libby over to Sandpoint and to Spokane. We'll need to get Motel's booked early. Like really soon. See who may be interested. I just heard a rumor that a couple of individuals picked up a book for you. Bill
                    they did!? they are so super kind...well they did ditch me to go to kalispell while i was running (we were supposed to go friday) but that was kind of them anyway.
                    Jacob Fern

We'll need to get Motel's booked early. Like really soon. See who may be interested.
                      I'm definitely interested... When do we need to register, get hotel rooms, etc.?
                        Registration ends in Mid April, but Motels will be booked up by early March. Bill
                          oh wow, that's soon. i'll see what i can do about rounding up some girls
                            would we be returning on sunday evening? because on the morning of monday may 7th is the ap government exam. yay.
                              The plan would most likely go like this. Saturday - Archie Roe meet. Once we finish we load up and head to Spokane. We'd get call to be sure our rooms don't disappear, and grab something to eat along the way. Most likely in Libby or Sandpoint. Then we reach the motel. Go for a quick jog to loosen up, and hopefully meet someone who has picked up our race numbers. The next morning we head to the starting line and have a great run. After the event and the festivities, we head back to the Flathead Valley so that all may get enough sleep for the next morning at school (and work).
                                www.bloomsdayrun.com