Whitefish High School

Swimming and Running (Read 113 times)

so people have always warned me that i should never soak in a hottub or swim the night before a race. i never really thought about it and never tried it. so i spent the last 3 days a fairmont hotsprings in canada and spend atleast 4 hours a day in the pool. just wondering if this had anything to do with the terribleness of my runs...my legs felt like they were going to collapse. more than likely i was just super tired. just wondering.
      Actually, the heat may have zapped you a little bit. I don't recommend pool work before a race. It's something that most people don't do before most of their races, so it takes just enough out of the norm to make a difference. For training, I don't think it's such a big deal. So you had tired legs. That's okay. I'm sure the fun of the pool and hot tub more than made up for the dead leg running. I think you did the right stuff. We've got plenty of time for more running. Plus, I notice that you still ran each day. That's the key. Consistancy is the key. Getting out, even for a short run, is worth so much more than not running at all. Part of it is the commitment to the sport. My guess is that it will make a difference when you are trying to reach your race goals later. Bill