Whitefish High School

Janna, You need some active rest time! (Read 135 times)

Janna, from what I've noticed in your training log, you may want to think about taking some down time. The stress that you have in what else your doing is moving into your running time. When running becomes a drag, it may be time to re-boot. Take a week or two of down time, and then come back with a fresher attitude. Bill
    Jacob Fern

Well, I think I might take you up on that... it's been a while since I've rested, and it seems like I'm just not recovering as well anymore. Last week was just terrible, and after that, i realized that I need some time to rest and recover. I didn't think that I would do well on the race, but i knew that however i did, I would feel it today. And I was right. I didn't run today (which was hard to convince myself to do), and I am going to take it extremely easy for a couple more... maybe the entire week if I need it. I have become a slave to the running log, and I'm pushing myself too far and too hard. If I keep it up - even for another week - i'm going to hurt myself. It might already be too late - my hip is kind of bothering me. I felt it before the race a little bit, but it just felt a little sore... nothing out of the ordinary. But today, it's worse. (don't worry, it's not too bad. I'm sure that with a couple days of rest it will go away.) so much for my mileage goals... -Jacob
        Don't worry Jacob, atleast you got a couple months of good mileage before you needed a break. i had a couple months of okay running. i dont know what's wrong with me right now, i just seem to be really burnt out on running. its just not that much fun anymore and its hard. every time i run i feel like i havnt run in months and im really out of shape. which all happens to be really inconvient considering i start xc in like 3 weeks. but i have just been taking it really easy (not even sure i can consider most of them runs) and i am starting to feel a bit better. and i think im going to try to make it to more of the evening runs and run with other people because i think that will make it feel a bit better. but yeah, i think a bit of a break is good. even though i still have to run every day (barely) i am already starting to feel a bit better.