Whitefish High School

Don' ignore warning signs (Read 174 times)

terrible run snowy and windy hip hurt tired felt like crap
      not ignoring im running in the pool tomorrow
        Very excellent! It has to have better footing than the loose snow outside. Can you find someone else to water run with?
          i doubt it but i'll live really the run wasn't bad because of my hip it was bad because of the day but i probably should give it a rest but its not as bad as that comment made it sound
            It's really the frame of mind of the individual that wrote the description of the run. Running is actually the easy part. Aches and pains go with the territory. The mindset gives insight to the whole picture. Relaxation and harmony. This is the time of year that running is not suppose to be stressful. When we use the words tired, crappy, and bad to describe a run, it usually means that there are other pressures creating havoc with our time to enjoy. Your goal besides letting the body recover, is to figure out how to make the run more enjoyable. Shorter runs, longer runs, company, early, late, faster, slower, music, warm, cold, fun.. fun...fun... Your goal is to have more fun. If you can't, it means you need to back off a bit.
              yeah i suppose you're right. just a bad day, well bad week. finals and such. i keep telling myself to think of my runs as the one time of the day that i actually dont have to think...but then i end up thinking about other stressful things. after this week things should be better.
                I'd suggest this to help you for the next couple of weeks. Whenever you feel tired or stressed, I want you to say this, "I feel happy, I feel healthy, I feel terrific." Do this when you get up. Do this before you run. Do this before you enter a dreaded class. You'll be amazed how well it will work for you. Why does it work? "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve."
                  haha yeah i'll try that
                  Jacob Fern

i keep telling myself to think of my runs as the one time of the day that i actually dont have to think...but then i end up thinking about other stressful things. after this week things should be better.
                    I know what you mean... running is supposed to be the time that you can relax and stop worrying about all the things that we have to do, but I have been just using the time to think about it more... It doesn't make for a very fun run.
                      try bill's whole "i feel happy, i feel healthy, i feel terrific" plan it sounds silly but it works well it worked today at least i'm hoping it will continue working throughout the rest of this hellish week
                      Jacob Fern

Yeah... maybe I'll try that when I'm trying to memorize my polyatomics for chem...
                          yeah, doesnt work so well for style analysis either
                            Don't use all the magic up on the non-running efforts. Nice try though.