Whitefish High School

why is the team so small? (Read 97 times)

Shane Hanson

I was looking at the results and, is it just me, or is the team tiny? Also, there are a lot of missing names of people who were out last year and/or the year before and aren't in the results. What's up?
      I don't know if the team is small as we have 20 boys and 20 girls. It's not the huge team of last year (30 boys and 30 girls), but that is mainly because we graduated 10 boys and 10 girls from last years team. In some instances a few runners felt it may not provide as fun of an experience because friends that they had known on the team had graduated. We lost one runner to soccer. (I never thought that would ever happen, but, oh well...) Of the freshman boys that came out last season, 3 of them, none of them are out this year. I'm not sure why, but I guess it wasn't what they wanted to do. Forty is still a big crowd. I don't have to tell them to be quite all the time, which I like. So, I'm going to say that forty is not small, it's perfect. Next year, you may ask me why the team is so small, as 11 of this years boys team are seniors. Bill