Whitefish High School

Life, The Universe, and Everything (Read 168 times)

My MP3 Player (Samsung) 256mb piece of junk died midway through I Shot the Sherriff by (Eric Clapton) and left me out there at six o'clock with nothing to think about rather than how cold it was. So. I tried thinking about how great this was and how i was going to be really fast with all this great fantastic superduper morning running. But that didn't last too long. So. I tried thinking about whether henry king (whose house i had just run by) leaves his car out or not and whether i should go check and write something on his windshield or something like a freshman would do, but i passed his house and left nothing to do. Then a great thought hit me. I should run faster! So i did. I ran faster. I breathed harder. I got warmer. But i still didn't have anything to think about. I hit the four mile turn around marker and kept going. Then everything went fuzzy. All i know is that i got back to the house after a six miler quite tired. It was very fast, something like seven minute milers when the Classic Rock Run Period got averaged in. But i didn't accomplish much in the ways of thinking, so somebody should give me something good to think about tommorrow morning, like what color it was the intergalactic slop was that creatures like a chihuahua came from.
    Jacob Fern

I can't really say that I like the idea of Eric Clapton singing I Shot the Sheriff... It just wouldn't do it justice (although, I admit that I have never heard his version, so I am in no position to judge). I personally cannot listen to music when I run. First, I don't want to carry anything with me when I'm running, and second, I can't pay attention to anything when I'm listening to music. So instead, I use the time to completely zone out. What do I think about? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's wonderful. After a day at school, thinking about entirely too much, it's nice to turn off the brain for a while. But if I can't do that (and I admit, sometimes it is difficult to actually stop yourself from thinking...) I tend to think about the same thing over and over again. Like a song. I can't listen to music while I run, but for some reason, I always have song lyrics going through my head while I'm out running. And not the whole song either... just one line. for example, today I had "Friend of the Devil" by the Grateful Dead stuck in my head.. "...I set out running but I take my time A friend of the devil is a friend of mine..." The funny thing is, I don't have any grateful dead... I never listen to them. I actually don't really like them at all. So it's interesting that two lines of the song just kept on playing themselves over and over in my head... So... that's what I think about. ...It is completely possible that I'm losing my mind though...
        You guys make me laugh. I don't know what I think about while I run. I'm not usually bored like Patrick seems to be and I can't not think like Jacob. I guess I do actually think about running a lot, but I try not to, because that seems to make it much less enjoyable. A lot of the time I'm just thinking "don't fall, don't fall, don't fall," or more accurately "stupid snow, stupid ice, be careful, be careful, don't twist your ankle." Yeah, something like that. And Jacob you are losing your mind...but aren't we all?
        Jacob Fern

....true....
            Hmm... That doesn't bode well for me. That's exactly what I think about, and am I going crazy? Of course not. It's already establish that I have OCD and ADD, and i looked it up... you're a masachist. Nothing new... Why don't you ride a pony? But hang on, sloopy. Tongue
            Confidence and rashness are sides of a single coin. --The Cat