Whitefish High School

Seniors! (Read 185 times)

Jacob Fern

So, now that we have a bunch of graduating seniors, where is everyone going to go to college? I fully expect to be posting results from more than Janna, Anne and myself. I'm looking forward to seeing the "Alumni" section of the website grow... Also, I was wondering when summer running is going to start... after running camp? I'll be around on the 22nd, and I'll be at the Pig Farm. If anyone wants to join me before the official summer running starts, I'd be glad to have some company...
      i'll be back first week of june if you want to start running a little before the camp jacob
      Jacob Fern

i'll be back first week of june if you want to start running a little before the camp jacob
        Yeah, that would be good... you should give me a call when you get back.
          I don't know how many seniors you will actually have answering this, Jacob, but here goes: I'm not sure if I'll be running competitively, I may ski, at least my first year - I need a sport that puts me completely in my comfort zone, and that gets me out of the city, although as cities go, Boston's pretty nice. Luckily there's a road race almost every weekend (when there's no snow) so I should be able to race a little. Also, if I can get a qualifying time this summer, I'd like to join the Boston Marathoners (training team) and run the Boston in the spring. Ian, I've heard rumors you're running a marathon some time this summer. Which one? When? Where? Maybe I could suffer through it... Sorry, forgot to actually say where I'm going. I'll be going to Harvard this fall, in Cambridge, Mass. (aka Boston)
          Jacob Fern

Sorry, forgot to actually say where I'm going. I'll be going to Harvard this fall, in Cambridge, Mass. (aka Boston)
            You'll have to come down to NYC some time... Or I can have an excuse to catch a bus up to Boston. I meant to go a few weeks ago to watch the women's olympic marathon trials, but I didn't get the time. Do you know what anyone else is doing? (where they're going, if they're planning on running, etc.)
            Anne Dan

Congradualations Claire! That is wonderful and really inspiring that you are going somewhere so renown. This type of success shows that we can produce awesome students/athletes/people right from our very own Whitefish High School. Mind you, any college, be it FVCC, MT state, West Point, Harvard....any college has great opportunites and is worth pursuing. There are so many great people that are successful based on their personality and work ethic and so forth....you have all of those great traits, but it does help to go somewhere super cool for school!! This is exciting, and maybe you will inspire my brother to start gettin' a goin on his college applications! I think I'll give XC here another go around, for the time being. We ran on a great trail in Harriman State Park today, and it was very refreshing....really beautiful day, and I didn't even get lost.
                ya, i made my own "training for a marathon in about 5 weeks" plan. it was going good but then i kind of hurt my ankle so i've been biking the last few days. there is a marathon here in steamboat on june 1st that i'm going to do, it starts at 8100 ft and finishes at 6700 ft so it more downhill than up which is sweet you climb like 700 or 800 ft along the way so idk, it might not be like super fun during the race but worth doing anyway. i'm very excited to eat a lot afterwards. if you really want to do it you could sign up at hmmm.. i don't really remember, google it. congrats on harvard as well, i don't think i have as much to say as anne did, sorry. and to mr. fern, i don't plan on running in college and will be attending University of Colorado (i hope that makes anne's list of places super cool to go to school).