Whitefish High School

sorry, double post... (Read 160 times)

Jacob Fern

In England back in the time of Roger Bannister they used to call the finish line, "the post". I think that was because in Horse racing they use a post to determine which horse crossed the finish line first in the finish line photo. Because of this a post was put in at the finish line for a lot of athletic tracks. This led to famous quotes such as, "I had it won, until I was just pipped at the post." Now this term "double post", well, I'm not quite sure what to think. Perhaps it's the finish line in a mile race, when one would like a time at 1500 meters in addition to the actual time for the mile distance, thereby creating the need for two "double" posts (or finish lines). Yeah, that must be it..... Bill
      Jacob Fern

Yep. That must be it. Wink That would be an interesting way to interpret "double post". In reality, I just hit the "Post" button twice, then when I realized what I did, I went back and modified one of them. Reality is much more boring. I say that we should do away with reality all together. Life would be more fun that way. In fact, I'm just ignoring reality at the moment, since it's the middle of finals, and reality is a bit of a touchy subject.