Whitefish High School

Boogie to the Bank (Read 124 times)

Jacob Fern

After some initial doubt, I have found out that boogie to the bank is still happening despite the fact that the bank that you boogie to is no longer in business. First Citizens bank, the main sponsor, was bought out by glacier bank. Glacier is still sponsoring it though, so it's still going to happen. I think I'm going to do it, and everyone else should to... it's a fast course that's mostly downhill, so it might be a good chance to see what you can do. There's a 5k and a 10k, and you can register online at active.com (http://active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1415065. Cost is $15 dollars in advance, and $20 on the day of the race. I did it last year, and it was pretty fun. It's on Saturday, july 28, and the race starts at 8:30.
      I agree that it's a pretty fun race. There is a 10 km and a 5 km. It would be pretty neat to have a presence there, especially since a bunch of you were committed to helping to put on the Whitefish Lake Run. This race is a great opportunity to see what your summer training has been doing for you. Also, if some of you need racing flats, let me know so that I can help you get them. These are shoes with more cushioning then a xc spike, but lighter and more flexible than a training shoe. It will help you race on the roads faster, and still keep you healthy. WHS XC runners will also be able to use them on the new "road" XC course at the Libby Invitational. I'll see you all on Monday (7:30 - 7:30) Bill
        bill i would love some flats, that would be sweet. i really wish i had had some for the race yesterday actually... how much time to flats take off compared to spikes? about the same?
          Yes, about the same as a pair of spikes, but way more comfortable. Bill
          Jacob Fern

Cost is $15 dollars in advance, and $20 on the day of the race.
            I lied. If you do it online it's 18 dollars. They have a $3 "processing fee," which they conveniently don't tell you about until you are almost done registering.